Break Blade - Vol. 17 Ch. 94 - Capital City Confusion

Dex-chan lover
This isn't the first time in this story that the idiom, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend," has turned out to be untrue. The nuance in philosophy continues to be a highlight for me.

Dex-chan lover
So Assam could have overthrown the occupying Athenian forces all along, but chose to have Krisna do their dirty work to weaken them both? But surely Assam has to agree to some kind of hefty compensation like becoming a vassal or giving contested land and resources up like a quartz mine. Let's not forget there is a large Krisna army sitting right at their doorstep now, and there's no way they could operate covertly. How'd Prederica even get away from the guard unit Krisna gave her? Fucking dumb. At worst it devolves into sectarian, urban warfare destroying their major cities and devastating civilians leading to a refugee crisis, and at best it leads to Prederica being lynched by an angry mob and a corrupt, incompetent coalition government takes the monarchy's place.

What are they going to do, pull out a giant bunker underneath the palace filled with a dozen Delphines that only the Assam royal family had access to?

I just finished binge reading all of the chapters in one day. What a read.
A bit late, but thanks to everyone in the scanlation group for bringing back this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Damn seems like more carnage is going to happen in the next volume.

Thanks for the translations! 😚

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad Pretty good analysis you wrote there. This development came out of nowhere. I don't see how it would suit Zess's purposes to let Assam indepedence fighters take over and kill everyone who cooperated with Athens.

Users who are viewing this thread