Break Blade - Vol. 18 Ch. 98 - All-Out Attack

Dex-chan lover
So 2 thousand people will get executed because the crazy daughter of a crazy king has daddy issues?

Man how did this story got so damn bad, i remember when it was just the king getting NTRed by his best friend.

I'm loving this development. The story's been getting so damned good this previous 2 arcs. Rygart's Shakespearan hero's downfall is exquisitely written and you can clearly see his breakdown emotionally through different scenes. His facial expressions are particularly well drawn and those little snipbits of his conversations with different characters shine in this way. I'm so glad the Japanese readers have better tastes than those reading here lol.

@Doomroar madmen and madwomen will always be mad. Warcrimes, genocide, crimes against humanity are still caused by supposedly well-trained military personnel in modern times, and here we have a world where the monarchy and all its failing still in place.

If all you remember of the first major arc was NTR (oh the irony of modern anime/manga consumer who can't even separate fetishes from story beats), then you may need to read it again. Fucking hell, this is a fucking problem with Westerners who can only read isekai and shounen shit.

Supporter
This story is less about the fights, and more about the international politics and one poor man's slowly collapsing psyche as he is forced to abandon the ideals he's held most of his life and fight a war he never wanted. It's fantastically well written, and I absolutely love it.

@JanuszMaciej he does make a point though, if somewhat heavy-handedly

Dex-chan lover
The writing in this continues to be so very sharp. All the characters have memorable personalities, but at the same time, they're nuanced and flawed enough that they don't seem like caricatures. I'm still not sure if the author is trying to make a point for or against war in general, but they seem like they've got a good understanding of each side.

Why is nobody talking about the first panel and how that scaffold is doing an M.C. Escher perspective mindfuck??

How is that scaffold passing between the golem's arm and hips while at the same time the bent leg is passing underneath it??

@doomroar have you like, never read history ever. It's always daddy issues.

@Weyr legs and hips can bend. They aren't industrial levers. Here I'll prove it, walk sideways.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah i get the feeling Rygart will end up being forced to take action against Assam to stop the genocide from the crazy princess and her father. Now i wonder if he will do it from his own will or having to join to fray because Prederica won't stand seeing the people getting killed and will take action, which will start a all out war.

Two cahpters in one month, what world do we live in, i used to wait 3 or 4 months for a single chapter, Thank you very much for whoever translated this

also the story took a diffrent turn or maybe the author aimed for this from the start, at first it was about rygart who didn't like fighting and hates conlficts but then has to fight his old best friend to protect the woman he loves which is married to his other bestfriend. but now it is more open and the world of the story now seems bigger and Rygart seems like he is more broken than ever feel sorry for the guy but i'm excited to see where his story goes .

Fed-Kun's army
so they will leave thier borders open to Athens by going to Tibugal? i am confused

Dex-chan lover
@Abangerz I doubt that's the whole Army, part of the Argument of his Council was that they would need 3000 Machines for a Siege so they must have less than that.

Dex-chan lover
@Trung-t-rung you are part of the mad men and mad woman, if you think i will waste my time reading this thing again.

And yes, from the first arc the only thing worth remembering was the NTR, the chosen one plotline in which the MC gets tho pilot a super special robot that no one else can use is nothing special.

@Doomroar
>Not even remembering the mental breakdown, or the giant shuriken or Rygart laughing while killing the general
So this is the brain of zoomer overdosed on hentai and ecchi and isekai. Imagine being a moron who couldn't even remember basic shit nor provide a good argument on his opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@Trung-t-rung you think i will bother to remember shit from more than a decade ago, from a series with irregular updates whose main plot drive on their current arc is that the daughter of the king has daddy issues?

Are you dumb? this series is not worth the effort, specially after the one defending it can only mention 3 things worth noticing, and of those 3 one is a mediocre action scene.

Dex-chan lover
@Doomroar if you can't even remember what the story/plots were, then why are you even here reading it and judging it with your poor sense of history?

If you can't be bothered to re-read the whole thing, yet still think it's awful, then gtfo and keep your baseless opinions to yourself.

Dex-chan lover
@kiero13 for the same reason i started reading it years ago, it was there so i read it, then it never got any better.

Have the manga defend itself and made me shut up, you have added nothing to the discussion because you have nothing to add.

Users who are viewing this thread