Break Blade

The is a mess....was author trying for ntr or something?
with erster marrying hodr and all...

@Raffro well i don't care if the romance isnt the main aspect but your last comment sure dont want to make me start it, is there really ntr ?

I've never liked the idea of the Rygart x Sigyn ship and I never warmed up to it either. Personally, while I do acknowledge that the feelings they hold for each other are genuine, I think it's far too late for them to pursue any type of romantic relationship now. In the years since he dropped out of school, while their overall feelings towards each other may have changed, they've found themselves in various circumstances where pursuing a romantic relationship is no longer appropriate and can even be seen as unhealthy depending on who you ask.

Despite the fact that it was done for political purposes, Sigyn still married Hodr and even tho this was resolved with them getting a divorce, I still think Rygart shouldn't do Hodr dirty like that. Idk man, even if they weren't a legitimate couple and were only married for the sake of keeping appearances, something about it just doesn't feel right.

Of all the women Rygart currently has any chances of pursuing a relationship with, I think the one who'll be most helpful in keeping him sane and helping him deal with his PTSD is probably Narvi. Being a fellow soldier, at the very least, she should know better than Sigyn what he's feeling/thinking right now. We've got glimpses of it throughout the manga as well where she's usually the one to notice the subtle changes in his mental state. However, the issue with Narvi is that she doesn't get much screen time in the first place and her shared panels with Rygart are even scarcer. Regardless, thus far I still view her shared moments with Rygart as more important than the majority of his shared moments with Sigyn.

I don't deny that Sigyn also understands a part of him that no one else can, but she can't really help him when it comes to dealing with these particular problems and it shows throughout the manga. All she can really do when he hits rock bottom is apply a "bandaid" on the issue to slightly relieve some of his suffering.

Tl;Dr: Imho, the healthiest potential relationship I've come across in this manga is Rygart x Narvi, but the author seems dead set on going with Sigyn. It is what it is, I won't hold any grudges if she wins.

I just felt like sharing my thoughts/opinions on the shipping in this manga.

@migh ^
there no ntr in it...if its divorced it okay right ? lol
i dont really care about this series anymore either way.

Just found out this manga and as expected ppl are talking about rygart x sigyn (or shigwen?)

@Someone_called_A

Because the manga is a pretty dang good analogy for it. Oil = Quartz. Kirshna = Iraq. Orlando = the UN / EU. The school country is Iran. Athens = the US. Orlando and the other nation though have gotten a bit different recently. With Orlando starting this whole war by giving Athens an excuse to invade Iraq, they're more like Iran and I guess that would make the school nation like Turkey.

I dont care about the politics and princesses and what not,i need the history of the mech like okay i drop this

@Skeith9

half of my family particapated in the gulf wars as the world calls them, and your analysis is somewhat wrong about the school country being Iran, i would say that syria would be fitting to be the neutral school country instead of Iran since they were kind of neutral but they were against Iraq and were helping Iran in some situations but remained neutral during most of the gulf wars as far as i know. athens=US and Orlando=UN makes sense tho.

Aggregator gang
I read this back when it first start... in 2007 and now that I’m back not even 100 ch deep... see you in another 13 years.

@Someone_called_A
It's nice to get your input. American education on the matter is lacking, and I'm not particularly interested to dig further. I also kind of forgot about Syria. Yeah they're a good fit for the school country.

By school country equals Iran, I meant how America invaded Iran on a bogus excuse. Since America did the same to Iraq on a bogus excuse. (9/11 and WMD). The school nation is like an amalgam of Iraq and Iran and the victim of Athens (the U.S.), when the actual party at fault, Orlando (Saudi Arabia) is enjoying peace while the other nations get wrecked.

My original thought on Orlando = the UN/EU, is how they are a major reason for shit going down, but pretend to be hands off and uninvolved. Think of how France pretty much never takes responsibility. My Current thought is how Orlando is like Turkey, behaving pretty deviously to profit off the war. Like how they wanted Krisna to fall and would divide it up, Turkey is trying to annex their neighbors.

Also the US/EU/Russia fighting over oil the middle east. Athens and Orlando fighting over quartz in the middle of the continent. It's a little on the nose.

Tl;DR. It's not a one for one for the middle eastern conflict, but rather I would say each country takes inspiration from the real life players in the conflict to craft a very inspired story. Except this story obviously lacks terrorism.

@Skeith9

Pretty good points you have there, i learned about this stuff since it's important events that caused my country to become like how it is today, but i don't have that much about the subject since most sources are biased and everyone has a different take on those wars.
and i've been reading this manga for about 4 to 5 years now and this thought never came to my mind, of course not too accurate but has similar points to the gulf wars

but here is a new and more recent similar events. Athenes=US/Gulf monarchies and Orlando=Iran, Krisna=Iraq, Assam(school country)=Syria
Orlando has relations to krisna and are closer to each other similar to how Iraq now is filled with Irans influence everywhere and athenes=US and allies don't like Iran's control of Iraq.
and Assam which was closer to Athenes had a revolt with Orlando's intervention, Athenes didn't like that so they accused Krisna and started to take actions to take down Orlando's allies, much similar to how the US tries to stop Iran's influence in the middle east and how Iran stays out of it and makes other countries fight for them

or atleast this is how i thought of it with my knowledge about the events in the middle east and as you said this story doesn't contain armed groups terrorists/militias and stuff.

Ahh.. I returned to this manga after what, 2 years? Good stuff, this. Hope they continue with it.

@will_zhao I found in the official raw website that ch. 100 came out in June, and ch 98-99 came out in March. No info of when it might come out next. Seems like it's irregular.

I guess my approach would be to leave it alone for a while, again.

Oh come on. i started reading this manga after watching the 3rd movie back when i was in primary school, and next year i will graduate from high school, i guess this manga will probably be complete after i graduate from college and get a job, or so i hope.

Users who are viewing this thread