Bring the Love

Contributor
I've been trying to work out the historical setting since there clearly is one (what with them being "Germans" with army suff in "Prussia" and "Poland"), and how made-up it is or isn't. Unfortunately my grasp of much of history is really broad-strokes only so this has involved a bunch of google searches and trips to Wikipedia for stuff I'm sure most Europeans know from basic education. XD

My thought-process so far:

They're described as "German", and are fighting "Prussia". That gives seems to give some hard dates to start with; from 1525 (the formation of the state Prussia) - 1871 (when Prussia absorbs Germany).

But maybe it's earlier, "Prussia" could just be the name of the region. Certainly not later. Though this setting pretty clearly isn't 19th-cetury to start with; ideally we'd be more towards the early end, or as said even earlier; firearms not being prevalent (or even extant?) in this story.

As for Germany--what "Germany"? Not the German Confederation, that being both too late (starting 1815) and far too large (whereas this story has a single territory ruled by a small group of allied nobles). Notably, we haven't had anyone called a King or any other head-of-state-y title, either (even though the buck seems to stop at the head family). So, rather, theirs is probably a small, mostly-independent German state of the relatively loose association of states that formed the Holy Roman Empire? (Vs. either a Prussian state or just folks in the Prussian region.)

The existence of "Prussia" and "Poland" as even place-names would seem to put a practical lower bound on any dates, maybe something like the ninth century, give-or-take? (Which also implies, not before the Holy Roman Empire, certainly)

After which point the actual details of their little kingdom-or-whatever-it-is seem likely to be totally invented, "some little Holy Roman Empire feudal state" seems pretty conveniently plausible as made-up settings go, since there were hundreds of them over the years.

This is as far as I've gotten. Is this more obvious to someone else better-versed in their history? I'm just being curious for curiosity's sake, of course.

Thank you so much! And the last page is the best. Exactly what i felt during the whole chapter 46. Fluffy grinning all the way of the chap!

Thank u so muchie matchamango!

Aaah!! I love the translation!! I love the story!! Honestly Roxy and Leah are the best couple I've seen ... So cute!! 💜

@Pokari: I have no idea what history this story is trying to set itself in. The closest I can match it to is sometime during the Holy Roman Empire's clashes with Prussia and Poland, back when there was no "Germany" and the empire was made mostly of dozens of little principalities/duchies/whatever. Like between 1300-1500. I think the author is using this Germanic setting very loosely, making up most of it herself.

Which hey, fine, historical accuracy was never important in this story anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread