Brother for Rent - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Five more chapters until the end, there's definetly going to be kidnapping accusations from the shitty abusive brother and going to court is definitely going to happen. Either that drama is going to be the brother refusing to sign the papers necessary for the girl to be put up for adoption.

Dex-chan lover
Thank god she finally got away from that place. Of her own volition too, which was something that Makoto had been concerned about when thinking about adopting her.

If her brother tries anything even now that she's out of the house, then emotional trauma be damned, he deserves a good beating.

Dex-chan lover
@kirby_422
Yeah, and he also has the support of his friend's parents, so if kidnapping did come up im pretty sure they would back Makoto up.

Dex-chan lover
God dammit I looked at the raws
Looks like she doesnt end up going with Makoto and eventually makes up with her brother LAMEEEEEEEEE

I knew she was gonna make up with the brother sooner or later, but couldnt she have had a couple chapters of living with Makoto first?

Really hope he takes care of any paperwork involving taking care of her so they don't get in trouble...

This Manga always makes me so sad for her. The brother is a terrible human being.

What really got me is him ripping his famiky photos

This dudes clearly unstable she needs to get out that home

Maybe someone with more insight can explain to me what might have happened with the brother?
Is he in shock due to the parents dying? Or depression? Like, what is realistically going on for him to basically do a 180?
Because I can't bring myself to think of him as fully evil seeing as how they used to be so happy before.

Group Leader
Good riddance. Kanami always comes home after all, what now after she's no longer coming home, onii-chan? Throw a party? 🙃

oof im begging your rental oniichan, please get to the police real quick and file for child abuse and abandonment so you can officially adopt Kanami.
Yeah the pain of your parent dying isn't easy but it sure isn't a fucking excuse to hit a CHILD.

That man better apologize and get therapy far away from Kanami. If she want to try again to meet up, that's her decision and not the real oniichan.

UGH i hate that man so much. No matter what trauma and/or mental illness he have doesn't excuse any of his shitty and abusive behaviour.

Two examples of a young man's struggle with grief and the two ways it can go. The real brother, fallen into rage and cowardice, fully aware of the monster he's become; the rental brother, fighting hard against the dark for far too long and finally coming out the other side a proper man. Trying to help only ends up hurting everyone involved. Best thing to do is leave them the hell alone. Let them sort that shit out on their own.

Long story short: Get that kid outta there, and put that fool in a place where he can't harm others. You can call the police at this stage, but it's just gonna be suicide by cop. Something to think about...

Dex-chan lover
… good. Finally. God fucking damn it. Fuck that guy. Jesus fucking Christ.

Such a pity the abuse arc was never truly resolved, but I'm glad the manga showed that running from an abuser is also a valid choice and that blood is not always thicker than water. Asian culture in general really needs to face that issue head-on.

Users who are viewing this thread