Brother for Rent - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
More abuser apologetics. Shit sucks so much and it’s all over, like, Japanese stuff. Easily the most irritating trait.

WTF is wrong with you. Go tell that shit to the grown up friends you have who also know about the child's situation. WHy in teh world would you tell the child that and put the pressure on her, also want her to let you meet him. What if she get's the backlash since apparently you are not going with her. What the fuck!!!
DO it yourself for fucks sake. You couldn't help him when he was being bullied? Well, go to his house and do something yourself. fUCK!!!
This has got me so angry.

Why would she tell a child this?????????????? This is child endangerment. Doesn't Japan has rules against this?

Dex-chan lover
There is just way too much wishful thinking here, but if kids their age can't be allowed to do that who can? Like if I were in Kanami's shoes I'd just let that brother of hers to himself, but I can't really say I want a kid to go full desperation on this. But yeah none of the characters should be trying to put her on the spot to fix this shit tbh, dude just wants to be miserable and wants her sister to stay miserable with her. No idea what's the right move.

Dex-chan lover
hmmmmmm

dunno how i feel about this, her brother is the mental equivalent of a sinking boat and she's gotta decide whether to escape or try to bail it out. Both are justifiable, but for a kid I would've told her to leave. I'm not gonna hold Misuzu to this per se cuz it's pretty obvious that she's just being used by the author as a plot device to keep the kid at home / not move in with Makoto. It's otherwise way out of character for her to tell the kid stuff like this. Will have to see where this goes.

Group Leader
Ugh honey, it's not your job as a child to fix your older brother. He's gotta wanna fix himself before you can be there for him and right now he's just plain abusive please just get out of there man.
And Makoto you sweet lil cinnamon roll, you can't fix this situation either. You need to alert someone of authority to the abuse so they both can get the damn counseling they need. You're adult enough in this scenario for it to be your responsibility to tell some damn professionals about whats going on yo. You mean well but you aren't trained for this and you're just gonna fuck it up more.
Well, at least in real world logic. Manga logic this will all work out perfectly fine.

I don’t know how I feel about her decision to stay just because her brother was bullied. 🤨 He needs professional help, but just her understanding and being caring.

Yeah no, this doesn't justify being shitty to his younger sister.. it explains it tho. Basically his parents deaths was the last straw to push him off the deep end into being suicidal. He's doing something called self destruct which injures him and everyone around him and when everything finally stops giving him a reason to live hes probably going to off himself.

Double-page supporter
Bruh no he's still abusive. Like yeah the bullying sucked but he's still a shitty older brother and she should still leave.

She could still try to help him or whatever from a distance. Why does an elementary schooler need to take the high road here lol

Hello, author?
Heroine is just a kid not even a middle schooler can't you give her a break? 😕

Aggregator gang
This annoyed me. Great now, she feels like she has to go back. Honestly wtf author. We finally got some positive development and then you do this. the story has stopped progressing.

Dex-chan lover
I hate this.
Why would author go for the "abusive big brother did nothing wrong " take?

Bleh, this just left a bad taste in my mouth. I’m dropping this. Don’t like where it’s going. Author obviously wants to drag out the abuse for more drama. I don’t want to feel bad for the poor little girl anymore. I wanted to see her smiling and happy... It ain’t her job to “fix” her brother. Like tf man... she’s just a kid.

Her brother is a miserable mess, a wreck. He should work out his issues and not take them out on his little sister who’s also going through a lot, she just lost her parents too for heaven’s sake and he wants to add more pain? Damn. He needs professional help and I personally think his sister isn’t safe with him until he gets the help he needs.

But I guess mister author-san have other ideas and wants the poor little girl to endure more abuse as she continues to try her very best to help her angry brother turn over a new leaf. Of course she’ll obviously have help from her loving “rental” big brother and his friends where they all eventually find happiness and live happily ever after. That’s assuming her real brother doesn’t completely lose his marbles first and end up torturing her to death, God forbid.

In any case, I think it’s disgraceful to put such a heavy burden and responsibility on the little girl, seeing as, she herself, still needs to be looked after and cared for, but it ain’t my story so whatever but I won’t stick around to find out what actually happens because my heart can’t take any more sadness for the poor girl.

Why. Why. Why. Why. WHY THE FUCK IS SHE GOING BACK? IS THE AUTHOR SMOKING CRACK?

Users who are viewing this thread