Brother for Rent - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Ok, we have another revelation. .

22-220d53630c383b29daddcc8f1694ebeb6a7ff787f31cb3ba5eb9fefdf6dfd21d.jpg

Turned out the parents are trash, it explains a lot. But since so many chapters ago we are always shown that it was a normal happy family and the brother is the problem. If the author going to pull this move, i think we need some sort of clue scattered around first so the revelation doesn't felt come out of nowhere.

@lenovoaxioo well when you think about it wasn't the happy image family through Kanami's point of view? That'd make more sense since the brother always hid it from her

I wish the author gave hints that the "kind family" kanami sees isn't really the truth. We've only seen everything on Kanami and Makoto's pov, but we've already established the fact that the brother was trash.

Still, thank you for the updates~!

Dex-chan lover
@Mashii52

Two chapters to go. Given that the final scene will be Kanami holding each of her brothers by the hand, I'm pretty sure that no memories were lost in the making of this manga.

Honestly I can’t even remember half of the storyline for this but after seeing this chapter, I respect the brother for not committing Seppuku

can they all just become one big happy sweet family now? for the love of god just gIVE THEM SOMETHING NICE FOR ONCE ;-------;

Oh, so he actually had reason to have a meltdown after their parents died. I'm glad we got a better explanation, because the bullying at school made no sense.

....just when i thought misuzu hold kanami to get her happy ending, i was struck by the reality of kanami's parents....

really, never judge a book by the cover

Group Leader
So i think the next thing that is going to happen is, she will mistake Makoto as her real brother. Yep yep.

Dex-chan lover
@8roku

It make a lot of sense, though i hope the author give us some hints before this revelation. I think his other flashback on the chapter before only shown his situation in the school, which he is being bullied.

Imagine dying and being into coma because you got trampled over cardboardboxes.
It's probably her psychological state though

Dex-chan lover
If I was the brother I probably would have killed myself right after seeing the vid. And imagine dying because your child consistently got a 95 instead of 100 I know there's crazy parents like that but whew...

Meh, how to make a redempton chapter? Make someone more evil than the current antagonist.
Also depression, trust issues ain't resolved with a punch, imo

Dex-chan lover
Good thing guns are banned in Japan. If this was in the US, he'd be a school shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread