Brunhild the Dragonslayer - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Double-page supporter
Basically no one reads this, as far as we can tell, so we're dropping it. At least we got a volume out... if a bit late.
NOOOOOO, THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!! But regardless thank you for translating this!

Dex-chan lover
Basically no one reads this, as far as we can tell, so we're dropping it. At least we got a volume out... if a bit late.
I miss when scan groups translated works they liked rather than works they feel will more effectively allow them to beg for money.

Dex-chan lover
I miss when scan groups translated works they liked rather than works they feel will more effectively allow them to beg for money.
Considering we did a whole volume before realizing nobody reads it, I'd say we gave it a solid shot. Everyone gets something out of this. And if it's not money, it's readership. Sadly, this gets none of the former, and not nearly enough of the latter to justify doing 50 long, unreasonably-dense pages. Economics is still a thing, even when you're not paying. If the same amount of pages had been done for, say, Mako-san, we would have finished almost half the manga, and a lot more people would have enjoyed the effort.

Dex-chan lover
I guess that's fair. This manga waited a whole ass volume to even start dripfeeding interactions for the main premise, and it ends with this solid brick.

Group Leader
BuyVelomobiles stops translating it because of what he said at the beginning of the messages, from my side it is impossible for me to pay someone to translate the 50 pages that each chapter has, unfortunately no donation is generated with this manga, most of the manga where I pay the translators usually generate something that eventually allow me to pay the translations of the next chapters.

If at some point it is in our hands to translate it again, rest assured that we will do it.
NOOOOOO, THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!! But regardless thank you for translating this!

Last edited:
sad to see it being dropped because i just discovered this series today from some random site, came here thinking there was more chapters out..

well the light novel or the manga(not sure which atm) is getting a official release, I guess thats a plus.
I'll look forward to if you guys continue on with the series either way.

Contributor
Can't blame you, it is a very clichè story, at least these first chapters, but i'm sure even later will not be better.

Dex-chan lover
Every day I get a new reason to regret not learning Japanese, this was gonna for sure get good and now I'll never know if she gets her revenge, sadge, thanks tho.

Dex-chan lover
Damn that’s unfortunate because that end to the volume was really great
It was a real step up from the weirdly episodic nature of the series so far. But at the same time, the author relied too much on exposition and sound effects to carry the events. As if this was meant to be an anime first and foremost, but due to budget constraints, the author settled on a manga. The whole manga was apparently rendered in 3d, too boot, if you haven't already noticed. It seems to be why so many panels feature the exact same pose, except with a new face drawn on.
Every day I get a new reason to regret not learning Japanese, this was gonna for sure get good and now I'll never know if she gets her revenge, sadge, thanks tho.
If it makes you feel any better, an uncomfortable amount of it is pseudo-German, so the Japanese wouldn't help as much as you'd expect. A ton of the names are lifted from the legend of Sigurd. So I'm guessing this is the author's spin on that tale.
sad to see it being dropped because i just discovered this series today from some random site, came here thinking there was more chapters out..
Sorry, bud, but if I spend another two hours deciphering military titles, and figuring out how to romanize badly-katakanized names, just for the relative handful that seem to read this, I'm going to die. :shamihuh:

That said, we're actually a comfortable way through the source material as it is. There are only something like 12 chapters, total, right now, with three more on the way over the course of the next few months.

Users who are viewing this thread