Brutal: Satsujin Kansatsukan no Kokuhaku - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - Episode 5: Self Righteous Journalist

Dex-chan lover
It's implied he would or did come back many times to harass them, but seeing how it was presented in this chapter, I found it a bit too big that just this much would push them to suicide.

Still, I think it's an important discussion to have, especially in Japan where the online thought police can be awful. As a fan of Terrace House that chapter hit the nail on the head. A contestant on this reality show, Hana Kimura, recently committed suicide, mainly because she was harassed online for an incident that ironically staged by the production to make her look bad.

CKN

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I will ever forget how screwed up social media is in Japan after the suicide of Hana Kimura. It wouldn't surprise me that the media also adds extra pressure considering that society is pretty explicit about how important social status is.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn. That's just a Suicide Circle style chain of events. Did something like this ever actually happen in Japan, I wonder?

Anyone know where I can buy this manga? I love it and would really like to support the author

Dex-chan lover
Okay but the teacher was a piece of shit as much as the journalist. Killing his wife because of narcissism

Fed-Kun's army
@Rozzak I don't really understand the narcissism bit. I don't fully understand why he killed his wife, but I don't think it was narcissism. Probably some sort of twisted love so that neither of them would have to suffer. Of course its still super fucked up, but what the journalist is doing is far worse. He is inciting this kind of shit for his own amusement. The teacher did it out of depression, stress, and fear.

Dex-chan lover
@Podi125
Usually killing your family in your own suicide is twisted egoism. Like killing your lover because they're going to leave you. If you can't exist anymore neither should they because without you they are nothing and you can't stand to imagine they can live perfectly adjusted and fulfilling lives without you.

Fed-Kun's army
@Rozzak I don't think the killing your lover because they are going to leave you bit is a fair comparison. The 2 scenarios are fairly different. I do agree that in the lover leaving scenario, killing them would be egotistical behavior. But in this case, he is essentially killing her as his own twisted form of mercy. Since the reporters would continue to badger all of them even if he committed suicide. Basically to prevent the cycle from continuing, he tried to kill the whole family so they could all escape from their suffering. Its not that they can't live without him, its that even if he dies, they continue to suffer. I don't approve of this mentality because I think shit can always get better as long you keep on living, but I can see the reasoning behind it. I don't agree or respect his choice, but I do understand it. The reporter is just like lmao torment ppl get mooney jajajaja. That is completely incomprehensible to me, thus I see it as a far more barbaric action.

Dex-chan lover
@Podi125
I don't know, given his suicide note it would pretty much surely put the public in his court against the school and students. Doubt his family would get much flak, can't see any money in any negative story there.
The whole situation was kinda stupid though. If he knew the bullying was recorded by the girls he could just report it to the police. They'd get a warrant to search the phone p easily.

Fed-Kun's army
@Rozzak I disagree regarding the warrant bit, if there is no basis for it, considering it is just a he said she said accusation. I doubt that would be enough to get a warrant because of the breach in privacy. There would have to be substantial evidence aka the teacher being wounded etc. The teacher just got water dumped on him. Not much you can do unless the abuse was well documented by the teacher, which it was not. His suicide note would have been enough to illicit a warrant though. So technically speaking, he didn't need to kill his wife. But during the whole scenario, he probably lost his ability to think clearly.

Aggregator gang
I don't have words for how baffled I am by the carelessness shown by the antagonists of this manga. I am not asking for Yagami Light level villains, all I want is someone who isn't retarded ffs.

The art is nice and all but all this is doing atm is feeding the morbid thirst of revenge from n*rmies.

Users who are viewing this thread