Build King

After what happened to Act-Age’s author, I’d have thought Jump would try to distance themselves from pedos. But that’s Japan for you.

@4V29LN0n: I admittedly dunno what happened with Ace Age's author but in Shimabukuro's case it was a prostitute who lied about her age for what it's worth. Also it happened almost 20 years ago and he was punished for it already.

@ak2508 source on her lying about her age? I've only heard that he was convicted and sentenced. Ngl still not interested in someone hiring underage prostitutes.

@theziggyed: I had a look and can't actually find a source anymore so I might be full of shit here (definitely remember seeing something before though...), can only see a now dead forum link when I look it up.

Dex-chan lover
lol , no one even bothers to comment .

here is my thoughts of the 1st chapter :

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008116

the color pages have too many bright colors , they are hurting my eyes . this manga is for 6-years-old kids ?

the main character is a 6-years-old kid , how dare he has a tattoo on his face ???

- i finally made it ... at last , my long-awaited home ... my castle is finally complete .
( a few pages later ) - your house get busted apart AGAIN ?
- so that was actually not his 1st house . then why did he get so excited ???????

page 18 : so someone built a great wall for donald trump to stop the illegal mexicans , lol .

page 23 : so the master is always carrying a big cage around with him ?????? or he can make that big cage in just 1 second ????? and the boss troll can survive inside that cage without any foods or waters for 3 years ?????

no human can live on this dangerous hammer island , but for centuries , some more weaker animals like penguins , kappas , can live here just fine ?????

after destroying the house , instead of just killing the little brother and the penguins , the boss troll is just standing there for dozen of minutes , waiting for the big brother to arrive , then waiting for the brothers to say dozen of lines for 8 pages , then he finally punches ??????

last pages : on this desert island , the animals can make all kinds of fashionable clothes ????? where do they get all kinds of materials ?

after a food manga , now the mangaka is making a building manga . food and building / house / shelter are 2 of the 3 basic needs : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_needs

if this manga gets axed , maybe he will make a clothing manga next ( the last basic need ) : how to make shirts , pants , under-wears , panties , trunks , bras , .... , and how to wear panties , lol .

50617570277_1437936274_z.jpg

My honest opinion on the manga:

Art is okay

The base idea of "building magic" is original.

However, the story seems average and there are inconsistencies, just like @daywithoutgames said.

And we have the typical "how did he manage to survive this far" kind of MC. I'm not asking for a complete cheater of a hero, but I guess I'm expecting too much from a Jump series whose goal is to rival One Piece.

In the end, I think this manga is too average and will be axed in a few months (at best). Just to be clear though: my opinion is purely neutral, therefore not influenced by how controversial the author is (and yes, I understand what he did in the past and I do not approve it).

So what is this three little pigs the Manga? Cause that what I thought when reading this. Don’t know how kid or even adults would like to read this.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so I scrolled through the first 3 available chapters of this.
The story is nonsensical. You don't need to 'read' anything to understand what the author is trying to tell. Looking at the pictures alone is enough to get the gist of it.
So far it's weaker than Torikos start, because the whole food theme was way easier to relate to than the whole house building theme.
The characters are alright, but not nearly as cool as Toriko or as relatable as Komatsu. Both MCs are kinda avarage so far.

I really think this lives and dies on how much time the author gets before this manga dies to make this world setting and characters more appealing. I really think the author is good at unique world building which can really only be shown over time.

Dex-chan lover
@ak2508

I admittedly dunno what happened with Ace Age's author but in Shimabukuro's case it was a prostitute who lied about her age for what it's worth. Also it happened almost 20 years ago and he was punished for it already.

1) The thing was, it was explicitly Enjo Kosai, where even if she *was* lying about her age, he still solicited a high school girl, so that doesn't exactly make things better, because he's still going for a girl marketing herself as a high school girl

2) He actually *wasn't* punished, because his sentence got suspended. No, getting your manga axed doesn't count when your best friend is Oda, who can just call in a favor to get you back in.

@doublek is that what happened? I knew Oda and Shimabukuro were friends but I didn't know Oda had that much pull in Shueisha/Weekly Shonen Jump

Dex-chan lover
@CCE_Weed

More or less. We know that Oda has gone on record about how Shimabukuro (and later Watsuki) are totally good people and didn't do anything wrong and done massive campaigns to try and fix their reputation. It wouldn't be surprising in the least to hear that he is responsible for Toriko getting published in the first place and from what I recall, towards the middle of its run, Toriko just was underperforming despite all the attention it was getting with cover pages, and we can presume Oda just kept going, "Nah, it's good! He'll pick up" or something like that

Dex-chan lover
Screw Tea... Nail Chocolate... that reminded me so much about Toriko, then alas it is the creator of Toriko.

Users who are viewing this thread