Bungo - Vol. 9 Ch. 85 - If...

that kind of sport manga chapter where they hype 1+1 is kinda.. how to put it.. Just go with the boring explanation at least i won't pity the characters for being chocked at simple things

Dex-chan lover
He had many raw talents pointed out when you first came to seio. Wasting it on a fastball to the middle is kind of...

I respect hakamada for his honesty but it truly is terrible for a starting catcher to have favorites lol

Its rly obvious hes gon get a new pitch and surprise everybody as hes been beaten at his best which is the fastball lol.

So bungos been practicing his ass off for a long time and just now he suddenly thought that hes still lacking as a pitcher?

Im rly trying to love this manga but im neutral at this point. Ill wait for whats gonna happen i guess.

I’m sorry but this manga has been ruined for me the mangaka got lazy and did some bullshit that we all know he did, could’ve had a top 10 sports manga maybe even top 5. I’m too deep to quit and I honestly hope I can feel the excitement of a new chapter that I used to feel before they screwed bungo over but now all I feel is disappointment due to the mangaka going the usual route of screwing over the MC this is the same reason I didn’t finish Diamond No Ace cause of the bullshit “yips” they did on Sawamura made me lose interest like I’m losing with Bungo now. Felt like I had to get this off my chest and I think other people would agree with me. Can mangakas please stop with this bullshit of screwing over the MC I’m begging y’all it’s not what any of us want we wanna see the MC be a badass, get the girl, not struggle for every fucking insignificant battle (sometimes let him wash the opponent), I promise that all the manga/anime’s that have done this are loved and you will create a fire ass manga if you do so as well.

Dex-chan lover
In-between updates I'm trying to read Ookiku Furikabutte from the beginning. Probably the only baseball manga I know where there isn't real competition for the ace (because the guy is such a wreck that the team can't risk him losing it).

@pdotbang nope, power fantasy in sport manga is just not suitable. Competition is the core that makes sport interesting, be it within the team or between teams. When a team/individual is overly dominant, it ceases being interesting for everyone except the supporter of the team. Golden State Warriors in 2016-2018 I think is a prime example of this. Or imagine La Liga without Barcelona. It will be boring.

That being said, I can understand why readers feel cheated when Eita suddenly becomes the Ace. I did too tbh. But I am still holding out hope for a satisfying pay off in the future

Now Hakamada is being internally inconsistent too. You'd think with this sort of dream he'd have prioritized working with Bungo in the first place instead of working hard with Eita first.

@Imhungry faxx.

Zzz plot rn.
Don’t get the same feelings of happiness for new ch. so stale. Probably why it’s not as popular or commonly known as other sports manga. Eita had no business being suddenly op like that.

For some reason I'm kinda mad and happy at Hakamada at the same time with how he suddenly went to console Bungo by saying that he wants to form a battery. The timing is far too coincidental that it really seems like he's just trying to console Bungo. I'd prefer if he said it to Bungo first BEFORE Eita gets the number.

That said, I am happy to see Hakamada taking all the necessary steps now that he's the regular catcher

Meo

Dex-chan lover
Why is everyone pushing their ideals onto Bungo? I don't think he's actually all that "obsess" with throwing it straight down the middle. But everyone else is telling him, "that's your weapon".

Users who are viewing this thread