Bungo - Vol. 9 Ch. 86 - Strongest Style

Dex-chan lover
Oh geezus. I dunno how much more the author wants to shove down our throats with the naturalness of petroleum oil before he expects us to choke. The girl we know, Eita is just adding more we don't want to care about.

I mean, I guess this is at least a somewhat reasonable explanation for Eita's motivation, even if it is pretty dumb and completely out of nowhere yet again.

I think bungo will say no and eita will come, or eita will confess and kamiya reject him and she confess to bungo and get rejected or or she will not confess at all. Like at all because of she admired bungo's baseball or something Among the line.

wasnt the whole ace thing enough motivation for eita? i mean i dont see why the author decided to add a love triangle out of nowhere (not even a flashback hinting the reason of him liking makoto), its just seem too much for a character thats already hard to get into imo

either bungo will reject her while using "baseball is my priority"as an excuse or she will decide not to confess until the last tournament @ReeRu

Dex-chan lover
@Kin_ Right, Makoto, I should've remembered that.

This just stinks of poorly developed rivalry as an excuse to skip an entire year of possible organic development so that Bungo *still* isn't ace by third year. Gotta keep piling on the "stakes".

bruh im fine with glasses dude surpass bungo for awhile , but now he also like the main girl ?

Ohhh there's a love triangle!! Meanwhile Bungo's head is full of baseball! 😁

Fed-Kun's army
I don't mind the Makoko thing as much but I'm going to be annoyed if the dude with the best fastball ever also ends up with the best curveball ever (there was the rationale of throwing in his backyard for 10 yrs for the fastball, but nothing much here). I thought Bungo was going to add a few diff. weapons to his arsenal (which would be really nice) but sadly now he's going to just have this 1 OP curveball

Dex-chan lover
Lmao when the girl does it it's less creepy, but when the guy does it it's so weird. Probably because the context and what he was doing at the moment was super cringey ahah

The timeskip really fucked this manga over for me.

I'm not mad about the pitcher rival, but about the development. For instance, let's compare with Daiya no Ace. Sawamura in the beginning is made to be the a diamond in the rough when he is scouted, but then appears Fururya, a guy who wasnt even scouted and appears to be more talented than him. This rivalry is estabelished early on and the story goes from there. But even then, they're around the same level because Furuya is also very inexperienced and has problems of his own when comes to pitching. When Sawamura is learning pitches, improving his form, Furuya is also learning pitches (he doesn't just throws fastballs!). The important thing here is that they have guidance when it comes to learning (catchers and coaches mainly). This makes a good and developed rivalry, because even though people like to kid saying "Furuya no Ace", they're basically on same level and have almost equal screentime.
Bungo is made to be a very talented inexeperience player who goes to continuous and rapid growth, then a time skip happens and Eita appears out of nowhere (wait, not out of nowhere because he was estabelished 2~chapters before the timeskip, which is basically jackshit), who surpasses Bungo right in the beginning of the second year and becomes the ace. How I am supposed to believe in that crap? Bungo basically learns nothing on his second year and just grind on his fucking fundies??? I know Eita is probably a lot smarter when it comes to training (he wears glasses ffs!! 🤪), but how come no one goes to Bungo and helps to guide him into a certain path? They know he is talented so why just go "yea, keep doing that training routine and only throw fast balls that at some point you're going to improve" (I know that this chapter is basically focused on doing exactly this, but still. half of the year already has passed, took fucking long enough to do something huh). Also, badly introducing a pitcher rival on the same team this late in the story is fucking retarded (1/3 of the manga).

tl;dr: early rivalry good, late rivalry bad

Eita is kinda creepy tbh. First the guy always tries to top Bungo , now he's going after the girl that likes him? I don't see clearly what he is trying to achieve here. Maybe the next step is becoming Bungo itself.
Also, can the author stop with romantic bullshit? Gets annoying real fast (only time that I thought it was ok and kinda funny was the stalker guy)

I fucking hate the fastball mentality of this manga. It stops a lot of the growth from Bungo.

Yelp, I think I got it all out of my system, sorry for the long comment. Anyways, thanks for the chapter!

Thanks for the chapter!

Man, I'm here reading this to fill in the blank space because Raws start at 100+, but these chapters are.... disappointing? It's like the author suddenly had this cool idea so he just throws it in and completely ruins whatever he has already established.

Honestly Eita should've been introduced and established as an important character from the moment Bungo joined Senior, not now. This completely ruins a lot of things.

Dex-chan lover
This love triangle and the rivalry are poorly written. I mean, it would've made sense if we understood how they developed those feelings and that rivalry but no, the author skipped telling the story and is now shoving the development he wants.

"You're one of the first girls introduced so bam! You'll admire and fall for him for the drama"
"You're just a side character but the MC needs a rival to be a stepping stone and to further develop his skills so bam!"

The author has fucked himself over with this time skip. Honestly the only way to do a time skip right is if the characters are in isolation because they dont interact with others and so the relationships stay similar to before. Right now we are seeing character development that hasn't been shown to us before so it leaves people thinking that they've missed something. I k ow I'm confused as hell.

However I am willing to give the manga the benefit of doubt and am not going to jump the gun and drop the series. Most likely the time skip was so they could have a more intense tournament. Idk

Users who are viewing this thread