Bungou Stray Dogs - Vol. 20 Ch. 88 - As Though Tumbling Down

Step 1. Lay down

Step 2. Hug your knees and try not to cry

Step 3: Cry

AKUTAGAWAAAAAAAAAA QAQ

idk if feels like padding the story at this point. it could have ended when they managed to kill him the first time but noo he had to have time bending magic and now we have a vampire outbreak lmao.

It could still end up being a satisfying conclusion but its getting less likely by the day.

I doubt Akutagawa is going to stay dead. He's too much of an important character to die and he's also needed for several plot points.

Oh God Akutagawa nooo 😭😭
I don't know how this arc will end though, it's a mess but I still hope that things will get better in the next chapters.

Also, RIP to Higuchi's attempt in confessing her feelings for Akutagawa-senpai. Hope he's not dead for real

I don't know why some of y'all thinks the vampire thing doesn't makes sense? I mean we have a god damn dragon in the movie and Lovecraft that could literally turn into a monster. Did y'all forgot that something similar also happens before but with Q's power? This does makes sense if you think about it. After all, bsd ins't just your normal mystery manga, there's 'supernatural' written next to it for a reason.

It's not the vampire thing that bothers me. If done well, I'm pretty sure i'd even be a big fan of it!! It's more so the fact that this long arc (and it is EXTREMELY long), with already dire consequences (hunting dogs, the page, Decay of Angel, a literal sword that cuts through time and space, and the literal end of the world), had a new major plot point added completely out of left field. No build-up, no tension. Just, boom! suddenly vampires.
That's the issue I have with it. Eh. We'll see how it goes!!

Aggregator gang
@pokerfaaaaace what do you mean extremely long? Not counting the special chapters, it's 43 out of 88, which is to be half of all chapters in 2 months! It's not an extremely long arc, it's the core arc now! 🤣

@mapax it's at forty chapters now, and we've only just gotten the big conflict of space-time sword and vampire outbreak (if that is even the biggest conflict yet). Truth be told, that's a little ridiculous.
Story telling is like a parabola, solving the conflict takes just as long as raising the stakes (har de har, a vampire pun). So far, the stakes have just been risen higher and higher with no end in sight. I love BSD, so I really hope it has an excellent conclusion, but speaking from experience, when stakes are just added with no end in sight, the conclusion is rarely satisfying.
I do really hope I'm wrong though!

Whaaat? So this is the arc now? Okay. I wonder where and what the others are doing now? I got worried for Akutagawa tho. But learning that if the vampire gets to be eradicated then all will go back to its orginal form. So Akutagawa will still live? Is that right?

Users who are viewing this thread