Buta no Fukushuu

If you're not into stories that induce rage, then maybe skip this one. Yes, the protagonist gets revenge, but it's often a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of situation.

If it's the one I think you're referring to then when the MC finally gets back to John Wick kill all the things mode the mangka then goes on indefinite hiatus.
Just tell me the name of it. It's not Ubel Blatt, right? Feel like the entire second half of that was an asspull.

Dex-chan lover
Most likely the author just loves torturing people. Torture the MC. Torture MC's sister. Torture various town people and assistants. Torture the torturers.

And the MC and party are fairly dumb, with their main protection being plot armor.

Heroes are supposed to be so strong, but in fact they're all easily beatable with ambush/sneak attacks.

Author: sadistic idiot. Just too twisted and too stupid to put together an entertaining revenge story.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
This is as shallow as a puddle, literally. There's absolutely zero depth to any of the characters and as a result, I gave no shit about any of the struggle here. I read up to chapter 8 and I felt nothing. I was thinking about comparing this shit to other revenge manga, but then again, that would be wasted effort.

Image.ashx

creatures --> humanity

Some of their abilities seem to be just used only for torture? That is bad writing right there.
Manipulating wind, Ray of lights, construction/desconstruction buildings, necromancy, camera sight, is whatever.
full body control with hair or anything else, removing water from anything, gemifying anything you touch, "stealing" anything you touch to include organic limbs, etc. Doesn't make much sense. Is the goddess that summoned them stupid or evil or something?

It's alright but it's just a feel good revenge story. There are certain aspects that could be improved. For example, the main character's revenge. It's all just reckless fighting while hoping that luck will allow him to beat the heroes. He doesn't really create plans or think through his actions, and he never learns even when he takes loss after loss. After a while, you start to feel less bad for him when he inevitably loses someone important to him.

A good example is the princess arc. For some reason, he completely trusted a former classmate to betray one of his other classmates. He KNEW that there was a very, very high possibility of betrayal yet planned nothing in advance should he get betrayed, so, when it inevitably happened, he was stuck there like an idiot with surprise and anger on his face. He only ended up winning because he relied on luck, which has happened twice now- winning because of pure luck and, dare I say it, plot armor. The whole situation could have been avoided had he made a backup plan for the very real possibility that he would get betrayed.

I thinks is booring with only story line like

New bullyclasmate>>> bully classmate doing bad things>>> flash back>>battle (short) >> torture>>>repeate

One things is bad about manga revenge is about booring story writing

As far as revenge stories go, this one isn't really all that satisfying. There's absolutely zero depth to the villains, they're basically just walking parodies with zero buildup. So when they get their "comeuppance" there's really not all that much going in the way of satisfaction, that, and it doesn't help that when they are killed it's usually over quick. Even the MC and his compatriots so far are pretty basic. Heck, MC keeps repeatedly asking what the villains role was in killing his sister as if he needs any other reason to kill them besides both knowing they were all involved (which was confirmed from the beginning), their roles in making his life a living hell, and seeing the things they do to innocent people even before he tortures them.

Either way, this feels more like filler than anything else.

Comically evil bullies? Check. Revenge plot? Check. Rape? Check. Generic revenge story, a must read if you're into this type of stuff.
Into whatever we want tbh. If you're still worried about what others are into you'll rarely enjoy a story.

The Manga is honestly wasted potential. While it does remind me of Isekai Ojisan, at least in terms of the Orc-like thing, all the enemies/characters are so vehemently one dimensional.

They have to conduct themselves in the most detestable and egregious acts so that you hate them already once they have been introduced.

And then their purpose is to die for the MC and nothing else. It would have been more interesting if the characters didn't act so evil and did their actions based on legitimate reasons to challenge the MC's view whether their revenge would be justified.

But no, it's just a revenge fantasy made to provide brief satisfaction to people who have been bullied.

In any case, good work on the scanlation. Pretty good considering it's your first project. I hope you can do more work on underrated gems that haven't been translated yet or have been abandoned by previous teams.

Dex-chan lover
I think that’s the most irritating, unreasonable and pettiest shit I ever read... I can’t stop reading this.

Users who are viewing this thread