By Spring - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - 80 Yen

Dex-chan lover
I think you can really feel Haru's disappointment when he runs off. You do get the impression that she's not doing this for the money but because she genuinely does like MC, and just doesn't quite understand all the effort he's going through or his own struggles. The money is just an excuse because she can't admit she likes him (even as a friend) and she kinda dismisses the idea that he thinks of her in any way more than an object, even if it's apparent he doesn't due to her self-esteem issues. ("I bet he just got tired of me"-which is what she says after a week of no-contact, which is an interesting conclusion to immediately jump to, as she kinda dismisses any concern she has and is kinda lying to herself through her teeth.)

Also, I like the subtly in the teacher beginning to type out "Child A(buse)," because he probably is uncertain and doesn't fully know what to think, as it's clear MC is too young to be working. That's very interesting as a dynamic.

Dex-chan lover
Nice, teacher is starting to see the signs. There's still hope for our MC yet. Let's just hope he won't become one of the mom's "customers" along the way...

uhm...
why did she say "the most he gave me was 24 yen" ?
didn't he had 60 yen one time ?

Dex-chan lover
@OraOraApril19 I don't think it's about the excessiveness. It's about how he chooses to spend his money.

Usually in stories like this it ends when the character receiving an act of kindness, so the story would wrap up with a moral the reader can learn. I love this one because the kindness is not the end but we can slowly see our character "falling" more and more into the temptations even after he was being treated nicely by people. I'm certain the inevitable consequences will hit hard.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I've read horror stories that had me less on edge than this manga, lol.

Man, I've read horror stories that had me less on edge than this manga, lol.

Same, I know it isn’t horror but I can’t shake the feeling that something horrible will happen

Dex-chan lover
imma out jerking off to some milf hentai, to wreak my hatred out toward the mother in this manga

Dex-chan lover
@Reikou
Probably "Child abuse sign" which will then be followed by questioning and (finally) her mother be in jail or something

AHYEEEEEEEEEE MOMMY PLS NO SPANK ME I WILL PROMISE TO MAKE MOORE CAPSOLE FOR U SO PLS NO AYYHHHYHEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not even chi no wadachi had me this unsettled.
At least his little moment with Haru was a bit of a calm before the mfking noah's flood for him. Don't want to spoil things, but next (translated) chapter, shit starts to hit the fan for Souta and his naiveté will bite him in the ass, hard.

@meidunk

What are you even talking about? What temptation? What abuse of kindness? Are you reading a different story? This is about a 14 year old boy who has an abusive mother and is a social outcast. Yet based on your deeply miss guided words you think he's the antagonist and he will be "punished" for his fall into temptation like this is some Christian propaganda. What the hell?

@triforce i LoL'd with your post. Hoping you didn't spoil future events.
@Tamerlane she's gonna realize soon she likes him... no, more like falling in love. Won't spoil things, but ch 12 and 13 had some interesting development for her. Also, ch 14 is likely to be released today or tomorrow in japan.

Users who are viewing this thread