Cactus Kid

Power Uploader
To clarify for any staff.

I have made attempted purchases on Digital Manga Publishing's (aka emanga) website within the last few days for digital editions of manga that they had on the site, as they had an ongoing sale, and each one was cancelled by DMP immediately after I made the purchase. I had used different payment methods (i.e. different Credit/Debit Cards I had), purchased different digital edition items, purchased in different physical locations on different computers (i.e. my local library because I wanted to be absolutely sure) and even different email addresses during checkout and each turned out exactly the same.

I reached out to DMP to inquire as to why they were cancelled, and this is their response, copy and pasted:

"Hey _________,
There seems to have been some fraudulent activity associated with your account.
As well as, at least one chargeback notification.
Due to these issues, your account is suspended for the time being."

I never made purchases with an account, nor has any purchase I made been charged back. Additionally, when you purchase as a guest, you have to input an email address so that an email with a link to the downloads can be sent in addition to an invoice (which is emailed separately). I never received an email with the download links on any of the addresses I used, and the invoices only bring you back to the page with "Your Order was Canceled on _____".

I'm posting this because this means that some digital only works on their site can no longer be acquired. I've made purchases on the site as recent as January of this year with no issue until now.

I also tried to send a message to the MangaDex staff using "Contact Us" on the forums but did not receive a response, wanting to make sure this action was permissible, or if an exception could be made, but I decided to upload these now after looking at the upload guidelines, which state the following:

1 Content Restrictions

1.2 Only scanlations (i.e. comics translated and edited into another language) and self-published original comics are allowed to be uploaded. Works with no text to translate, like artwork compilations, are not allowed. Scans of physical official releases or rips of digital official releases/webcomics from official sources, such as original releases (raws) or officially translated releases, are not allowed to be uploaded.

1.2.1 The only exemptions to this rule are when:

• 1.2.1.1 Permission has been granted by the publisher and/or creator;
  • 1.2.1.2 The uploader is the publisher;
  • 1.2.1.3 The license has expired;
  • 1.2.1.4 The series is out of print
  • 1.2.1.5 The publisher is defunct; or
  • 1.2.1.6 The release can no longer be purchased via sources provided by the publisher.

Even with this rule, I was hesitant, only feeling compelled to upload because of DMP's noted and highly unstable situation.

Works from DMP that can still be purchased physically, or read on sites like ComiKey, I will not post. Additionally, if DMP adjusts the issue on their site and works can be purchased again, I will take down these.

The versions I'm uploading are from my personal collection that I purchased from the site before these issues surfaced.

This same message will be reposted on other works when appropriate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread