Can You Become A Magical Girl? - Vol. 2 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
"She's starting to look at girl's clothes..." Look out! You're going to become more than just a magical girl, Aoi!

Dex-chan lover
Not too often the fish just jump right into the boat without me even getting the net out. I should be thankful to them for saving me so much effort explaining to them in misplaced good faith about the whole trans slur thing and just getting straight down to the whole blocking part. That shows a lot of respect for my time and I appreciate it.

Let's never meet again <3

...Which is to say: Please avoid using the word "trap" to describe crossdressers and trans characters, that word is bad for a variety of reasons which I could get into but should really be obvious if you think about the implications of the word. The sooner everyone makes an effort to avoid using it, the sooner we can get those negative implications out of how we describe characters and focus on the all-important matter of characters being cute regardless of age or gender.

I mean, the people that already commented probably won't be reading this again, but future commenters might!

Still, this chapter was very wholesome overall, ignoring that we have a new character who wants to become... A power ranger... by kidnapping a magical girl mascot...?

I... don't think how it works, but okay?

Dex-chan lover
I somehow see Momo growing up to be like Chiyoko from "Magical Trans!" if they don't let her become a mahou shoujo herself.

She'll find a way.

Double-page supporter
@Wakuseino

Plenty of crossdressers and transfolk have no issues with the word and use it themselves. It's mostly hypersensitive SJWs who demand that it be recognized as something evil and that everyone should stop using it. All you're going to do is accrue more hate for the LGBT community by spreading SJW nonsense like 'stop using words because we said'. SJWs do not represent us. Don't waste patience and respect afforded to you on something that isn't even a real problem like this. That person down there saying 'Trap Aoi!' was enjoying themselves, and enjoying the magically-genderswapped Aoi and the first thing anyone does is admonish them despite that they're looking at this gender change in a positive light, happily. So stop, please.

Granted, Aoi is neither transfolk, crossdresser, or trap. Just a guy getting caught up in magical shenanigans that include changing him into a magical girl. But this is also fine. Please let people enjoy the comic.

Dex-chan lover
Haha, whatever Kayriel is saying I have no idea because I blocked them long before now. It was after they popped up in a previous thread spouting ideologically inconsistent golden calf gibberish I didn't think deserved a serious response or even acknowledgment. (I hope they're happy they got one now? not that I'll ever know or care)

Take my advice, peeps. Block certain people and never, ever give in to the temptation unblock them. Erase them from your Mangadex experience and the site will instantly become a much nicer place. Get those fish in the bucket now and you'll be spared hearing from them ever again.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@MidnighTea
We do not use comment threads to air personal grievances with off-topic posts.

Thanks,

Zeph

Dex-chan lover
EDIT: Nevermind, realized I'm beating a dead horse. But you really do Aoi as a character no favors by overusing one gender bender fiction term that is kind of a slur anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
The lolicon devil's desired age range increased so much lmao

Dex-chan lover
Yeesh. So much drama over a term that didn't even come up beyond a joke this chapter. Aoi is a self-identified male who ends up looking like an attractive girl. I'm pretty sure he fits the definition of trap-the fun and playful one, not the one appropriated and twisted for political arguments.

It's kinda nice to see the former villains get along like this. A 17-80 range, huh? Well...I guess that's better than going for little girls.

Momo is a sweet child, as usual. It seems like she's even begun to mature.

Dex-chan lover
wow that one panel explanation as to why granny is op as shit
"she drank gay star water all her life"
yikes

Users who are viewing this thread