Can You Keep a Secret? - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.5 - Bonus 1

Nice cute chapter. I never had a girlfriend who wanted to match wallpapers, I wonder how is it.
Since the credit page was brought up. I like it, but red/blue might not be the best color choice if some reader is color blind.
Just a thought.

Dex-chan lover
"a fair bit of", not "fair a bit of". I couldn't piece together what you were trying to say there at first. xD

Group Leader
@Askorti Sigh, that's what I get for rewording. I had written it out as "quite a bit" at first, and forgot to remove the "a" when I tried rephrasing it as "fair bit of". Sigh, stupid mistakes, they always getcha at some point. That's embarrassing. Well, thanks for letting me know, haha. I uploaded a fix.

@treiral That's a good point. Accessibility is definitely something to think about more often. I ran it through this color blindness simulator though, and it looked fine. Assuming the simulator is accurate, the one issue seems to be the "Person I Like" part for protanopes and deuteranopes, which I don't think is too big of a deal, since the English name can be found on the series page of most sites. I also think most readers of the first chapter could figure it out from the title drop within the chapter itself.

Still, thanks for bringing it up, I should really try to consider these kinds of issues when I do things like that. I've been thinking of trying to implement what I can from the American Foundation for the Blind's guidelines for websites on my site when I have the time, too.

Edit: On a related note, does anyone know if there's a way to make manga accessible online for people who are blind? I'm guessing you'd essentially have to rewrite it into a sort of light novel? Would that be worth doing? I mean, is there anyone who'd actually enjoy that? I might give it a go on my projects if there's any interest.

Group Leader
@romeocharliegolf I guess this is where me using a VA panel (LCD type known for its relatively high contrast ratio) becomes an issue. Everything looks super clear to me on both my computer and my phone. Maybe I'll change the text to white or something starting next time.

Edit: My monitor is an LG 32GK650F-B , by the way, in case anyone's looking for a good one that's cheaper than an equivalent IPS. Fantastic panel. Colors are accurate, the gamut is decent, and mine at least seemed to be calibrated out of the box. Ghosting can be an issue with VA panels, but it's minimal at 144hz and I'd say nonexistent at 120 on this panel. And as mentioned, great contrast. The one problem is the viewing angles are definitely inferior compared to an IPS. Still, they're not the worst. Sorry for sounding like an ad here but I've just really liked this thing since I got it last year.

Dex-chan lover
@sleepyfoxscanlations

Yes, the VA might be the helper in your case! To be fair, it's not ineligible. For me, it's more in case of having to do more effort compared to reading white text on a black background.

I also think it's a good habit in the graphic design of using complementary colours for background and text (eg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementary_colors ).

That's my suggestion for the credits page, Still, thank you for the translation!

Edit: Also, thank you for the monitor recommendation.

Supporter
I have a 6-year-old Dell U2414H. The credits pages show up perfectly for me. No issues in the least.

Users who are viewing this thread