Candy & Cigarettes - Vol. 11 Ch. 53 - Testament

Dex-chan lover
Ah shit of course the death flag had to be raised. Seeing that we are just at single chapter before completion, a death was bound to happen given the nature of the story. Miharu, give them hell & make them suffer. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, despite the red flag of the grandson waking up, wasn't expecting that. He might survive the headshot but in this story almost no one has plot armor seemingly so he might have bit the dust for real

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
What a way to go but at least he heard his grandson speak one last time and all of his efforts didn’t go to waste. If the author pulls out a way for him to survive a in and out head shot, just hope it’s believable.

Dex-chan lover
Heh, I feel a bit reverse bamboozled, the death flag was so obvious that I actually didn't believe it and thought "author is just playing with us subverting the trope" but then no, played straight. It might be a bit cliched but still done reasonably well for a solid finale. The conspiracy seems fittingly down to earth and small which actually works here. Agreed that as far as dying goes this would be a pretty decent way.
Camera in the silencer is some real stupid shit.
Eh, on the scale of rigged stuff seems reasonable to me. Simple suppressors are cheap and easy to make and in turn easy to fake, are large, have lots of volume, can be made with a variety of materials and since it's modular he'd still be able to use the gun by just not putting it on. A fake suppressor could easily have not just the camera in there but also battery, cellular/aggressive wifi and quite big antennas around the can so that it'd have decent connectivity even indoors. And as a hiding place it's actually kinda clever in some respects against those who are used to guns, because one of core things you learn as an ingrained habit is never ever point the barrel at anything you don't want to destroy, let alone look down it yourself. Just running in the flow I can easily see that being a total blind spot for experienced gun users more then anyone.

The only stretch is anticipating needing it ahead of time. But I can see that being on the edge of believable, since again having a rigged suppressor doesn't interfere with use of the gun, or even having another regular suppressor on him as well. So it doesn't restrict his options if he's been supplied with both just in case, and "we should have something to spy with if you do get caught that won't get found" is something an agency like this might think of. It seems gudenuf for this series which has plenty of much bigger stretches then this lol.

Group Leader
Oh shit.
One more chapter, this many death flags...
(Though I also see him exiting the assassin life this way and living peacefully with an eye patch.)

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
What a way to go but at least he heard his grandson speak one last time and all of his efforts didn’t go to waste. If the author pulls out a way for him to survive a in and out head shot, just hope it’s believable.
In the eye and out the side of the head, missing the brain, at the angles shown, that may elude to him surviving with a missing eye.

Dex-chan lover
I knew something bad would happen after the medicine worked lol

That scene was MADE of "last job before retirement" energy.

Dex-chan lover
Heh, I feel a bit reverse bamboozled, the death flag was so obvious that I actually didn't believe it and thought "author is just playing with us subverting the trope" but then no, played straight. It might be a bit cliched but still done reasonably well for a solid finale. The conspiracy seems fittingly down to earth and small which actually works here. Agreed that as far as dying goes this would be a pretty decent way.

Eh, on the scale of rigged stuff seems reasonable to me. Simple suppressors are cheap and easy to make and in turn easy to fake, are large, have lots of volume, can be made with a variety of materials and since it's modular he'd still be able to use the gun by just not putting it on. A fake suppressor could easily have not just the camera in there but also battery, cellular/aggressive wifi and quite big antennas around the can so that it'd have decent connectivity even indoors. And as a hiding place it's actually kinda clever in some respects against those who are used to guns, because one of core things you learn as an ingrained habit is never ever point the barrel at anything you don't want to destroy, let alone look down it yourself. Just running in the flow I can easily see that being a total blind spot for experienced gun users more then anyone.

The only stretch is anticipating needing it ahead of time. But I can see that being on the edge of believable, since again having a rigged suppressor doesn't interfere with use of the gun, or even having another regular suppressor on him as well. So it doesn't restrict his options if he's been supplied with both just in case, and "we should have something to spy with if you do get caught that won't get found" is something an agency like this might think of. It seems gudenuf for this series which has plenty of much bigger stretches then this lol.
I think the intended use was to film Starman while aiming at him to expose him or similar. They got lucky they choose to wield that pistol while interrogating them

Users who are viewing this thread