Captain Kid - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - The Boy Who Lost His Memory

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
This one got me confused a bit and I went to check the previous chapter but there wasn't any accident involving Kid or anything like that. So did Kid just got to that amnesia condition out of nowhere for this chapter?

Power Uploader
Thanks for the chapter!
This one got me confused a bit and I went to check the previous chapter but there wasn't any accident involving Kid or anything like that. So did Kid just got to that amnesia condition out of nowhere for this chapter?
This one's more of a standalone side-story.

Starting with chapter 14 on July 24, 1991, Captain Kid switched from being serialized monthly in Magazine Special to being serialized weekly in Shuukan Shounen Magazine.
However, this chapter was released shortly after that switch in the August 1991 issue of Magazine Special, somewhere in-between chapter 16 and chapter 19 (which was right around the start of the India arc).
Even so, this chapter was collected in the Tankobon as Chapter 39, which is why I've released it that way.

I think it's pretty odd, honestly, that there was another amnesia story told so soon after the last one. Not really sure where it's supposed to fit into the continuity. I almost wonder if it was meant to be an alternative version of the story told between Chapters 14-16, just for readers of the monthly magazine, but it's not nearly as good as that storyline if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread