Cats Own the World - Ch. 192

Supporter
Okay, I was someone who has been saying Butterfly is a she because I was sure she was referred to as she and portrayed as a human female a few times already, but now we get "he?" Is this like when Morang was referred to as a "he" at some point a while back when it was extremely obvious she was a she in human form?

Dex-chan lover
As
Okay, I was someone who has been saying Butterfly is a she because I was sure she was referred to as she and portrayed as a human female a few times already, but now we get "he?" Is this like when Morang was referred to as a "he" at some point a while back when it was extremely obvious she was a she in human form?
As I said before, I think the joke was that butterlies human form also was supposed to have ambiguous gender

Supporter
As

As I said before, I think the joke was that butterlies human form also was supposed to have ambiguous gender
It's possible.

But we've also seen translations listing the opposite gender for Chichi and Morang at least, hence I wonder if this is another example.

Dex-chan lover
It's possible.

But we've also seen translations listing the opposite gender for Chichi and Morang at least, hence I wonder if this is another example.
True, maybe translator can clarify. On that note: Do koreans have a designated gender neutral pronoun? In english, one uses "they", although I think its a modern thing to use this colloquially. I think if someone uses "he" for a person currently absent whos gender doesnot matter, Id assume any gender as well

Dex-chan lover
True, maybe translator can clarify. On that note: Do koreans have a designated gender neutral pronoun? In english, one uses "they", although I think its a modern thing to use this colloquially. I think if someone uses "he" for a person currently absent whos gender doesnot matter, Id assume any gender as well
Not only that, but it's actually quite common. Unless it's explicitly told in some way other than pronouns, never assume an androgynous character's gender in manhwas.

Users who are viewing this thread