Catulus Syndrome - Ch. 82 - Love Warrior

I love this manga, but the length of these chapters is basically a crime at this point XD

This is adorable, but very heart wrenching
The mother’s facial expression hurts me

Dex-chan lover
....I'm in platonic love with her mother.

Goodness me.

I was just catching up one the three previous three chapters when this one dropped. What great timing.
Also, Yuki's mama is amazing in various ways.

Dex-chan lover
@Nick5x she's as doting as she is stern, as beautiful as she is perceptive.

Yeah, she's a character, but as a character, she pretty much would be, in-universe, the best mother Yuki could have been born to.

Obviously she was written like that but that's kind of the charm really.

Dex-chan lover
This is adorable, I think we are finally getting somewhere...

On a side note, it’s really impressive how @MoonlightwolfchanX manages to be the first one to comment in every single chapter of this, heh

Aggregator gang
This is the same mother who told child Yuki "you need to stop trying so hard to make friends." This is the woman who hasn't been here this whole time while Yuki's been living alone and dealing with everything. You all see a doting mother, but I see someone who crippled her daughter's social development and who is now trying to isolate her from the people she's closest to.

Dex-chan lover
“Mama” Is completely normal.
“Mom” Do you hate me now?!?!

Stern: I don’t remember giving you permission to work....
Doting: I wish I had my camera with me! She looks so perfect and cute!

This mom...better yet...where’s the dad?

Since the topic of Yuki's living arrangement has come up a couple times now, I thought I'd chip in. I may be wrong, but my interpretation is that Yuki doesn't actually live alone. Rather, in typical slice of life manga/anime fashion, the parents are just conveniently never around when stuff is going down. In this case, it's the mother that's always busy with work, and we still don't know anything at all about Yuki's father.

Back in chapter 18, we learned a little about Yuki's mom and the origins of her beloved Morse Cat doll. They don't talk to each other much anymore, but Yuki's mom would randomly bring her stuffed animals, presumably her way of expressing her affection without words at the time. You can see then that Yuki already has her triple monitor gaming setup in her room, so I doubt it was too far in the past and I think it's safe to say Yuki still lives with her parents at this point. They most likely just leave early in the morning and return late at night, but I suppose you could argue she's effectively by herself these days.

I do agree that Yuki's mom is very doting and obviously loves her daughter very much, but we've also seen that her overprotective parenting verges on stifling and has probably hurt more than it has helped. She wouldn't be the first parent to make that mistake to be fair. Hopefully in the coming chapters we see Yuki convince her mother that she's capable of standing on her own two feet now, and they close some of the gap that's grown between them over the years. Oh and if Ayano would just confess already, that'd be great too, haha.

Dex-chan lover
That mom is WAY too overbearing and strict. "Oh you can't discuss everything and anything with them? Shit friends, they'll betray you and hurt you." Like that can fuck right off.

@madcat6204
This is the same mother who told child Yuki "you need to stop trying so hard to make friends." This is the woman who hasn't been here this whole time while Yuki's been living alone and dealing with everything. You all see a doting mother, but I see someone who crippled her daughter's social development and who is now trying to isolate her from the people she's closest to.

Exactly! Yuki has been living alone since at least from some point in middle school and her mom basically told her not to make friends because it was a bother for the mom. Yuki really had no positive reinforcement or support to build her confidence and make her feel secure. It is no wonder Yuki is a neurotic mess. The best you can say is the mom is seriously misguided in what she was doing in thinking she was helping and protecting Yuki. Though in the end it was the opposite.

Dex-chan lover
@NinjaGoemon The mom is just overprotective and we dont completely know what happened in the past. It even appears for me from the subtext at the start of this manga, that this whole human rights thing for catulus and so on isnt that old yet, maybe 10 years old or something like that.

I would even say that past happenings did leave a bigger scar on the mother than on yuki, which causes her to be like that, even though it is wrong nontheless.

Aggregator gang
Mom seems a bit on the toxic side, although she does care for Yuki.

Can't wait for this arc to unfold.

Users who are viewing this thread