Caught by the Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

I THOUGHT SHE FAKE DRINK IT ... WTF ... WOULD SHE NOT HAVE BEEN IN SPECIAL ON EDGE AROUND PEOPLE BECAUSE SHE KNOWS THE NOVEL OF THE WORLD?!?!?!?!

Noooooooo what is this Hamlet?? Never drink anything suspicious before fighting!!

Honestly, I think it's just really clumsy writing and it was supposed to show how confident in herself she is, that she doesn't pay any attention, because she's so strong, she doesn't need to.
But it's so badly executed, that it's awesome in itself. Not in the good way.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, let's drink something the one I will be fighting gave me like it means nothing.
No reason to think it will go wrong at all.

Let me join my voice into the chorus. What kind of absolute MORON grabs a canteen after someone trying to kill you insults you, proceeds to be warned not to drink it by your opponent, and then proceeds to drink it without question. Like she knew that people were trying to poison the prince constantly.

Maybe she knew it was drugged and just wanted a bit of a handicap, like playing a game with a steering wheel.

WHY DO YOU EVEN DRINK THE THING WHICH YOUR ENEMY GIVE!?
STUPID.
Periodt.
---
Thank you so much for translating 😍

She’ll need to end this quickly before she passes out. Stupid, but it’s for the plot. Lol... feels bad. Thanks for chapter!

who in their right mind would drink something that your opponent gives you before battle, like wtf author??

Did she drink a little... I hope so... Dkahslsj

But wow author... There should have been another underhanded technique like idk................. Poison the sword..... 🤣

Dex-chan lover
I suppose this was to frankly show how confident Celestine is in herself, that she would win the fight that she frankly dismissed thinking about her opponent's intentions in the slightest.

She just wanted the fight over and done with so she can collect her bonus, and didn't think twice about anything else is probably what the author is trying to convey here, but in the weirdest way possible... considering before the author was trying to build up Celestine as a character who is mildly intelligent to certain degree and then have her do this.

Either this, or she's too hyper focused on the thought that only people really capable of killing her in this world are either Ignis or the Prince.

Dex-chan lover
Stupidest poison scene Ive read. Btw Im pretty sure Ignis said hed give the gold if she won before 10 minutes, did I read wrong or bad translation?

Honestly, I think the illustrator got the poison scene really wrong. If I remember correctly it was much more shrewd in the novel, this is really silly.

Users who are viewing this thread