Caught by the Villain

hjfsndndnm is this some sort of plot excuse to have letio "save" her?

thus story was honestly fine :( appreeciate the author and the artwork but the latest chaoter made me go?????

Really hoping the author explains why she drank the obviously poisoned/drugged drink in the next chapter or two. Celestine isn't that stupid. Can't be.

Omg noooooo I need to know what happens 😭 thank you for translating, Leslie! I really appreciate your hard work ❤️

why would she fucking drink from it?! seriously, im so mad at this,
he wasnt even subtle... Seriously if she gets saved by letio, im so done, dumbest shit ever...

I thought Celestine was supposed to be the dumb one, not Serena. Are they going to hand-wave it as "oh, she was tired so she wasn't thinking straight" or something? Or is it really just an excuse for Letio to swoop in to save her?

There’s a male vtuber called Kuzuha and for his birthday he used a special outfit/model/design where his hair was long, and it looks VERY similar to Ignis’ appearance. Using that design he sang a cover for a song called King. The lyrics are a little vague but the most popular interpretation is that the singer is telling the other person to stop hiding their true abilities and use their full potential, and that totally fits with Ignis and Selena! Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/oPAcjv__fbc

...Isn't she supposed to be smart? Why would you
drink something given to you by your opponent immediately before a fight to the death?
Can we please have the Serena of past chapters back, the one who isn't a brainlet? God, and Celestine is supposed to be the dumber twin! I can't imagine what single-digit IQ plays he manages on the regular. With this as a benchmark it's a wonder he can walk and breathe at the same time.

If she has to be saved by someone I'm out. She's supposed to be a nearly peerless swordswoman, and it's about time that stops being an informed skill and actually sees use on-screen for once.

Here are the novel spoilers. They’re so detailed that it’s basically like a novel translation. The latest manhwa chapter released today corresponds with ch33 of the novel. https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-villain-discovered-my-identity.109862/

So far here’s what I’m seeing.
It was brief in the manhwa but it seems MC was complaining about being sleepy and thirsty. Looks like the thirsty part was omitted? Either way, because she was sleepy/tired, the Ver guy or whatever his name was, offered her a drink. It’s still kinda stupid of her to take it but I guess it kinda makes sense. That’s what I suppose the manhwa was going for.

In the novel the scene plays out differently though. She complains about being sleepy and thirsty, then she just sees the bottle nearby.
“She took the water bottle that was near her. The food and water in these places were originally prepared for the knights, so She had no qualms.”

Either way, for people worried about MC being saved/the plot becoming cliché and stupid, this is what happens afterwards.
MC gets injured on her left shoulder. She tries to keep fighting but her movements are significantly worse than before. She’s realizing what happened and Ver keeps taunting her. Then she gets pissed off. She switches her sword to her left hand and Ver is like “wth? why? I just injured his left shoulder” and then MC says “Actually, I’m left handed.” And ends the fight in a few seconds, saying “I tried to endure it for the money...”
So yea the water thing is still a little stupid but at least it ends in a cool way haha (in my opinion at least)

@blixie2003 Thank you for this! Now it makes a little bit more sense, otherwise I was starting to think that the FL was an absolute dumbass which wasn’t really in character as she is normally smarter

Arghhhh I dont understand
why the hell did she drink that and LETIO u were supposed to stop her from drinking that that goes for u 2 IGNIS

okay, so i read the raw rn and
she defeats him and is a bit injured but in the end it all worked out

@isekaihoe12 yea I get you, our badass mc is the main reason I love this series, since our two MLS are kinda psycho 🤡 it’s a shame that we got this weak, out of character plot point just to move the story forward 😔

Users who are viewing this thread