Cell - Ch. 67

Power Uploader
Yeonghoo has finally broken inside.

No, seriously, I think I get why this webtoon was so popular in Korea. Whenever rich people are the enemy, they tend to be cartoon villains and end up dying karmic deaths, but while Chairman Ji was cartoonish at times, this one ended a little differently: the underdog seized the company, and the remaining member of the super-rich in the story ended up a sad puppet of Sangwoo, pathetically chain-smoking and boozing and having no control over her life.

I can understand why this situation would appeal to readers in a cutthroat society as Korea seems to be based on the pop culture coming out of there. It's the ultimate revenge of the downtrodden.

I just hope that Sangwoo won't cross the last bridge to villainy… not that he's not a villain, but up to now his actions could at least be rationalised as being in self-preservation. But considering what the Roman politicians did to each other in the book Sangwoo is reading, I'm not optimistic.

And poor Suhyeon. Life must suck so much for him now. He doesn't even consider himself human anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Yeonghoo has finally broken inside.

No, seriously, I think I get why this webtoon was so popular in Korea. Whenever rich people are the enemy, they tend to be cartoon villains and end up dying karmic deaths, but while Chairman Ji was cartoonish at times, this one ended a little differently: the underdog seized the company, and the remaining member of the super-rich in the story ended up a sad puppet of Sangwoo, pathetically chain-smoking and boozing and having no control over her life.

I can understand why this situation would appeal to readers in a cutthroat society as Korea seems to be based on the pop culture coming out of there. It's the ultimate revenge of the downtrodden.

I just hope that Sangwoo won't cross the last bridge to villainy… not that he's not a villain, but up to now his actions could at least be rationalised as being in self-preservation. But considering what the Roman politicians did to each other in the book Sangwoo is reading, I'm not optimistic.

And poor Suhyeon. Life must suck so much for him now. He doesn't even consider himself human anymore.
Man that book seems like foreshadowing that Sangwoo's gonna get "Et tu, Brutus?"-ed by Suhyeon.
Or maybe it's a red herring :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread