Chainsaw Man - Ch. 119 - Thief

Fed-Kun's army
Ohhh I can't wait for the fanart to go brrrrrr after that Yoru/Denji kiss

Dex-chan lover
Denji brings a date......
Makima: Yatta
honkai-honkai-impact.png

Dex-chan lover
This is where the fun begins, poor Denji better pray the apartment doesn't get destroyed lol.

Contributor
You’re saying I can’t make out with denji even if I make it into his apartment?? 😡

Contributor
Congratulations, you played yourself.

On another note, now we might get to see more about the balance of power between the horsemen. Well, somewhat, since one is a child (with one hell of a growth spurt. Isn't Nayuta even taller and older looking that just a bit ago here?) and one is a crippled shell of itself forced to play parasite. The easy guess would be the still unseen Pale Rider being the big cheese and the rest lessening in order towards the first, but this manga doesn't often do easy. by that, Makima/Nayuta would hold the lowest rung and that hasn't seemed to be the case so far.

Besides, what's up with the pale rider? It's apparently still death as the primordial devil, but also still a horseman, which are proven to not be primordial devils so far. And as the four riders have been intimated to be more tangible and concrete of a concept than just some political alliance, Death becomes difficult to place.
Is there a lore explanation I can watch, reading this left me so confused

ANOTHER TWO WEEK BREAK? cmon bruh wtf why!? are bi-weekly releases going to become the new norm for CSM? :(

Dex-chan lover
FUJIMOTOOOO WHY DID HE MADE IT EVEN MORE HYPE
thaks fur relesae

Double-page supporter
Did I misread the last panel, or did Nayuta seriously launch a chain through Yoru's head without waiting a second?

Nayuta probably knows about Yoru. I don't think Nayuta would do the same thing as Makima to Power.

Double-page supporter
It's gotten to the point where I feel less satisfied when an action sequence is about to happen. Not that the action or drama is bad, but I'm loving Fujimoto's comedy in this part so much.

Contributor
Is there a lore explanation I can watch, reading this left me so confused
Basically, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are considered to be:

Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come." I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer. (Revelation 6:1-2)

Conquest. Often considered conquest of pestilence or disease, if not others. Rides a white horse in Christian mythology. The term in Japanese, Shihai, can also mean Control. Makima was the Control Devil, and now Nayuta is her new incarnation.

When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Come." And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from Earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him. (Revelation 6:3-4)

War. Traditionally depicted as riding a red horse. This is our girl Yoru.

When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, "Come." I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine." (Revelation 6:5-6)

Famine - or at least, that’s what most consider this to be. Rides a black horse. We met the Famine Devil back in the Aquarium, claiming to be Yoru/War Devil’s sister.

When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come." I looked, and behold, a pale horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth. (Revelation 6:7-8)

And Death, riding the pale horse. Self-explanatory. It’s death.

While the four horsemen were only vaguely mentioned in Part 1 of Chainsaw Man, it was only made into a big theory once Yoru appeared in Part 2.

Dex-chan lover
You know now that I think about it I wonder if rule #3 wasn't just about kissing but actually any display of affection.

Double-page supporter
i wonder if there's gonna be even an attempt at diplomacy here, i wouldn't put it past Fujimoto. but the outcome is unpredictable anyway. i give you dying a 90% likelyhood

Dex-chan lover
nayutas cool and all but knowing denji farts those many times is intense writing

tatsuki is a landlord!

Users who are viewing this thread