Chainsaw Man - Ch. 123 - Hors D'oeuvre

Dex-chan lover
Well, I suppose fear of falling is a deeply rooted fear. But babies below a certain age might be immune to this though, as shown in experiments where they were made to crawl across transparent glss floors, if I remember correctly.
They start developing it normally at the 5th month so yeah extremly early.

Dex-chan lover
my dumbass thought quanxi was in the crowd

asas life has been just catching strays

Double-page supporter
Oh god, that flashback shook me to my core. This arc is so good. Asa is the first female human (kinda) character I enjoy more than Kobeni and Himeno.

Not sure how I feel about Falling Devil, but the effects it has are definitely interesting - deeper fear, higher fall.

Also, is Kobeni ever coming back ... ?

Dex-chan lover
Crambon

Dex-chan lover
wait, so falling devil is on the same level as darkness devil? both are primal fear?
yes, humans (aside from a really early stage during infancy) have three primal fears: darkness (the unknown, surprises), the dark (in connection with the aforementioned), and death (the absolute apex of human fears).

EDIT: ofc i'm being facetious. There are other fears that are basically hardwired in our brain, but these are three very notable ones.

Group Leader
yes, humans (aside from a really early stage during infancy) have three primal fears: darkness (the unknown, surprises), the dark (in connection with the aforementioned), and death (the absolute apex of human fears).

EDIT: ofc i'm being facetious. There are other fears that are basically hardwired in our brain, but these are three very notable ones.
i don't think death is a base fear. the concept of life ending is something you learn as you get older.
for example how kids react when they learn that a beloved grandparent or pet died.

Aggregator gang
The Menu (2022) if it was insanely good and tasty and thicc and hot and thicc and mommy

Dex-chan lover
1st pages :

- ... You spin my head right round, right round .
When you go down, when you go down down .
You spin my head right round, right round ...

- falling devil : ... oya oya oya , ... indecent ... , hell 's everyone-sama 's request ...

page 6 :
  • orphanage boss : asa-chan , can we talk now ?
  • asa : ... orphanage boss-san ...

page 7 :
- boss : ... my okaa-san was killed by the typhoon devil ...

page 9 :
- asa : my cat 's name is Clammbon / クラムボン / Kuramubon .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clammbon

Clammbon is a Japanese musical trio .
The name Clammbon is taken from a fictional character in the Kenji Miyazawa novel Yamanashi.

page 10 :
- random girl : asa-chan , are you asleep ?

page 12 :
  • asa : where is my cat ?
  • boss : ... asa-chan , ... i was just giving a good bath to your cat at the river , lol , ... im the cat-killer / kat-killer ...

Dex-chan lover
Poor Clammbonn…

I had to reread the whole series to figure out where we are now in the story. I think I finally get it. It’s been a wild ride. I really enjoy Asa as a character. She’s understandable, though the author is fantastic at making understandable characters. One thing I really learned about this series through my reread is that the author REALLY lets the characters cook! It seems slow, but there is always a massive payoff in the end. Looking forward to the next update!

Users who are viewing this thread