Chainsaw Man - Ch. 137 - Chu Chu Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura

Dex-chan lover
hqdefault.jpg

Aggregator gang
Well, I'm willing to wager a guess so far as it relates to the overarching themes of the manga - I could be proven entirely wrong by the next chapter, and I don't care if I am, but it's fun to guess in the meanwhile. I think this chapter touches on the recurring idea of intimacy as violence - in the first part of the manga, one of the things that Denji longs for is sexual intimacy, as he states multiple times, and more subliminally, for meaningful interpersonal relationships. The pursuit of these desires comes at a high price, resulting in essentially everyone he loves being killed, and all as part of a large machination to bring Denji closer to Makima so she could more effectively control him. It's been suggested by many astute and avid chainsaw man fans that these recent chapters have shown Denji being moved once again towards that state of deprivation that makes him more pliable - loss of the ability to be chainsaw man, the threatened loss of his family, and here in this one we have a bone being thrown Denji's way- the potential for the intimacy that Denji craves, even if it's in this bastardized form (forced, and against his better intuition). In this way, we see intimacy once again being wielded as violence against Denji - moving him closer to a particular goal. The seemingless random violence of the chapter, while possibly literal (we don't know yet) could also be metaphorical for the violence Denji has experienced through being controlled and played. It is a battle of him versus the many, a collective unconscious of competing wills and desires that want to subjugate Denji's own wills and desires to theirs. It makes sense for the violence here to be seemingly random and overwhelming, as that's what Denji is up against in terms of being able to live the life he wants. He succeeds, at least for now, but he must confront a more personal form of violence, vested in the under classman. If Denji "wins," I'm assuming it to mean he will recognize self respect for himself and see that intimacy cannot be forced and can only evolve under natural conditions (as it has done with Asa). The pieces just can't be put into place. If he loses, I imagine that we will see a Denji more like his original appearance, a dog chasing a bone.
Anyone who reads this shit has an awful femdom fetish.

Dex-chan lover
The bat devil? Something ain't right, this date was set up to make him a "normie" but is clearly going the opposite way

Dex-chan lover
HOLD ON SHE STILL MIGHT BE THE OCTOPUS DEVIL

fujimoto got into maximum the hormone

Dex-chan lover
For a moment I really did think he actually declined LMAO
also what in the lord is happening

Dex-chan lover
i guess it's time for some maximum the hormone
I mean just look at the title

Dex-chan lover
The author jebaited us with the mature Denji god dammit, and I fucking fell for it.

I have no idea what happened this chapter. Why were people lined up single file to fight Denji with baseball bats?

Double-page supporter
Guys you really need to read the fight to the beat of the song, it's amazing

Dex-chan lover
sighs

Denji... Never change but please be careful. Please tell me Asa swings into action to save him.

Users who are viewing this thread