Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 16 Ch. 355 - The immortal mountains can't compare to you -- Double Kill

Dex-chan lover
this arc is much better than I first thought!! Things are spiraling out of control of MC super quickly, and the only hope is pretty much gone now (female lead ded, male lead stupidly strong and the only thing holding him back also ded)

I'm so curious to see what happens next!!!
Thanks for the chapter guys!

Dex-chan lover
Plot: "We have to stop the bad guy from finishing his checklist, or we're doomed!"
Me: "Ok, they're building up the drama. I'm sure they'll track him down ju-"
Plot: "The bad guy has finished the checklist! He had everything on the checklist already!"
Me: "O-oh... um... :notlikethis:"

Dex-chan lover
Well... guess not all her plans can go exactly as anticipated... Frankly, I don't feel bad for the empress, the girl or the seal since they all made their (bad) choices. Just curious how this situation is going to get resolved... or will it not get resolved and the world will collapse?

Fed-Kun's army
Every time I see a story about female royalty enabling their male heir like this I always get Oedipus vibes.
Just marry your stupid son already. You see this crap IRL too with single mothers using their sons as a substitute for their baby daddies.
Results are the same too. Over emotional male, can't control their feelings, think only about themselves and need a woman to validate themselves.
Pathetic.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, to me, the story is losing its touch a bit.
It's still a great read, but we went from "SSS agent Luxia entering a story and using her wits and a couple of system items to punish scummy characters" to "agent Luxia entering a story world, but her system is sealed and her enemy has godly powers that can destroy the entire universe". The introduction of the Demon system made the story take a sharp turn compared to how it began, and this last two arcs/volumes (the village one and this one), imo, are just to put Luxia in extreme situations....
I just hope that, after dealing with the demon system, she'll finally find Zero

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That seal was a dumbshit to obey the empress clearly corrupt and bad for the world. It had a will of its own, it made the mistake, glad it Was destroyed. And glad the dumb slut fl is dead.
Facts, the Seal knew she was messed up in the head. Its basically some God stone and said "Yup, this personally is totally qualified to rule"

Funny how literally everyone was killed by the shite Male lead.

Everything has gone to shite unless Su can somehow pull a God stone from her arse.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, to me, the story is losing its touch a bit.
It's still a great read, but we went from "SSS agent Luxia entering a story and using her wits and a couple of system items to punish scummy characters" to "agent Luxia entering a story world, but her system is sealed and her enemy has godly powers that can destroy the entire universe".
True. I've been following this story from the very first arc, and I kinda loved how relatively low-key it was. We could spend much more time getting to know the characters, Su Luxia's scheming was easy enough to understand and cheer for, and occasional cheats were mostly used to speed things up, not resolve the conflict in its entirety.

But since she was, arguably, OP from the start, the only way to raise tension was by stripping her off these powers. I liked how it was done in the totally not yuri Taoist arc, but now EVERY transmigration goes poorly, and the cast members seem to have lost some of their depth.
Of course you can argue that we're transmigrating into shitty novels with shitty characters, and that's why there's a need to "fix" them in the first place, but come on. Everyone is so cartoonishly evil and stupid now...

Users who are viewing this thread