Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 19 Ch. 420 - Rebirth of the Demonic Lord - Bringing You Home

Dex-chan lover
3qrjoz.png

Nuh uh mister. Luxia was taught to not follow weird misters.

Dex-chan lover
I've been reading this series for a bit and very much enjoying it so far

I'm just wondering, what exactly is "cultivation"? Is that the actual term in Chinese? Cause everyone is talking about cultivation like it's normal in this series, and nobody kinda explains what it is. Is it some kind of a Qi thing?

Dex-chan lover

I'm just wondering, what exactly is "cultivation"? Is that the actual term in Chinese? Cause everyone is talking about cultivation like it's normal in this series, and nobody kinda explains what it is. Is it some kind of a Qi thing?
Just think of this cultivation stuff as leveling up in video games if you're not familiar with this Wuxia style comic

Dex-chan lover

cultivation means exactly that, cultivating to reach a higher level of being.

In most Chinese wuxia novels (which means fantasy novel with fighting in old time), it's believed that by training your body and your mind, you will slowly get stronger and eventually break through to higher realms of beings.

Most of them follow this cultivation structure:
1. Qi Refinement Stage: Chi, Ki, however you call it, it's basically magic power inside your body that needs to be awaken and refined. If a character can't use their Qi they can't cultivate at all.
2. Body Foundation Stage: like the name said, it's about training your body for strength, cleansing the body of waste and creating Dao foundation.
3. Golden Core/Core Formation Stage: the cultivators literally created a core inside their body to store Qi.
4. Nascent Soul Stage: this varies from stories to stories but the basic is that this stage allows cultivators to have extra lives.

after that is free game, author can choose to create whatever the hell they want. Some stories create a few more stages, some go to a higher realm (mortal -> fairy -> immortal -> ???).
However, in most stories, stage 3 and 4 are already hard to achieve, with few cultivators reaching those stages, so they're kinda endgame in them.

hope this helps.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

Okay, I know he was messed up in the original world, but he's growing on me. I fully admit I like a devoted yandere in my comics (not irl, I'm not an idiot)
yeah honestly same. I hope he actually is better though, and not just waiting to harm her.

Dex-chan lover
cultivation means exactly that, cultivating to reach a higher level of being.

In most Chinese wuxia novels (which means fantasy novel with fighting in old time), it's believed that by training your body and your mind, you will slowly get stronger and eventually break through to higher realms of beings.

Most of them follow this cultivation structure:
1. Qi Refinement Stage: Chi, Ki, however you call it, it's basically magic power inside your body that needs to be awaken and refined. If a character can't use their Qi they can't cultivate at all.
2. Body Foundation Stage: like the name said, it's about training your body for strength, cleansing the body of waste and creating Dao foundation.
3. Golden Core/Core Formation Stage: the cultivators literally created a core inside their body to store Qi.
4. Nascent Soul Stage: this varies from stories to stories but the basic is that this stage allows cultivators to have extra lives.

after that is free game, author can choose to create whatever the hell they want. Some stories create a few more stages, some go to a higher realm (mortal -> fairy -> immortal -> ???).
However, in most stories, stage 3 and 4 are already hard to achieve, with few cultivators reaching those stages, so they're kinda endgame in them.

hope this helps.
I see i see, i was assuming it's some kind of systems created just for this series only, so it's a universal concept in the wuxia genre. Like the other guy mentioned, i've never read any wuxia story before. Heck, i found this series by accident because of the title.

It made much more sense now reading this chapter with the golden core thing, thank you for the lengthy explanation

Dex-chan lover
Yeah not vibing with the energy the chapter gives off

like whats with the focus on the fact that her clothing is too big? or that drawn out focus on her changing? Like the shoulder shots etc just aren't fucking necessary. Or that skirt falling off panel?? huh?

You can absolutely do a trope like this without... that gestures to chapter

Hope this is a one time thing that isn't going to repeat itself :worry:

Aggregator gang
I'm ngl... I dont even remember which guy this is 💀
Most of our CMMD fans remember him from Arc 6, cus he was the only one who Su Lu Xia wound up committing suicide knowing she couldn't fix the story deviating too far beyond what she could do (being aware how yandere he was). And he froze her body in eternity, went in seclusion wanting to be beyond his body and his world to Xia-xia and he succeeded at doing it. First male lead we have ever seen reaching that level for her that sent chills down our spine (for his patience, he felt he was similar to Xia-xia the most for cunning parts she didn't like on herself), second male lead we have seen doing it was Mo Qi or something from Female President arc (recent arcs ago).

Actually i still wait patiently for her rat to reveal who he himself actually is, and what's his relation to Zero the man of her dream the reason she went countless worlds for. I sincerely ship them since Ghost Village arc LMFAO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread