Chi - Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite - Vol. 4 Ch. 24

Double-page supporter
Truth is inherently relative. Knowledge can be rational and true, but often times it is only rational, only true, or neither. We can know things and be illogical in explaining why that is the case. Case in point, Catholicism is a reason behind the Roman empire becoming the Holy Roman Empire and lasted however many more centuries. I'm a philosopher, not a classicist, I'm sure there are weebs who'd be willing to correct my anachronisms.
In this chapter, the bishop represents a genuine truth. Catholic philosophy helped reseal the cracks of a dying nation, and it absolutely was a force for good, however the reasoning behind the knowledge of Catholicism's benefits was flawed. This led to a corruption of ethics and the horrors of inquisitors. This chapter tacitly asks you to question dogma.

Dex-chan lover
Truth is inherently relative. Knowledge can be rational and true, but often times it is only rational, only true, or neither. We can know things and be illogical in explaining why that is the case. Case in point, Catholicism is a reason behind the Roman empire becoming the Holy Roman Empire and lasted however many more centuries. I'm a philosopher, not a classicist, I'm sure there are weebs who'd be willing to correct my anachronisms.
In this chapter, the bishop represents a genuine truth. Catholic philosophy helped reseal the cracks of a dying nation, and it absolutely was a force for good, however the reasoning behind the knowledge of Catholicism's benefits was flawed. This led to a corruption of ethics and the horrors of inquisitors. This chapter tacitly asks you to question dogma.
Don't worry about the weebs. I didn't get the "only logical, only true, or neither" part tho. You mean assuming knowledge is flawless by definition right?

What if I define logic as a tool for reasoning, and truth as a tool for demagogy? I would also define knowledge as a tool for helping people... Utilitarist politics right?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, I wanted to talk about the style of the discourse from these characters (the bishop and the senior inquisitor).

They're using corporativist speech right? Because I'm pretty sure people from this time were still using propagandist style of speech, wich more transparent nowadays of its crude intentions.
I like it because it's showing the way dogma is conveyed today through the adaptation of middle ages fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread