Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 11 Ch. 89 - Everything

@Tealpop
I'm happy for you and glad you went to therapy. The mature, but unpleasant choice 💪
Don't stop there though, know your worth and keep going. Only you can stop yourself now 😎

Take care!

If there is a plot twist of Seiichi actually being the one who pushed Shige off the cliff, I'll be pretty disappointed NGL.

Also hot Seiko is the best Seiko, change my mind.

I think the perfect ending would be to never explicitly tell readers what the truth is, and to only present how either narrative could be true.

Ultimately the only reality of a work of fiction, regardless of its in-universe truth, are the feelings and reactions it elicits in its readers-- everything that transpired up until now is not for nothing.

When I started reading this manga, I didn't believe Seiichi would be able to pull himself out of that hell, ever. Following an abused child as he internalizes his mother's ultimate betrayal and gross behavior, parses and processes his extremely complicated feelings toward her and himself, realizes that a parent does not inherently deserve to be in their child's life, develops a sense of self worth, gradually comes to claim control of his life... Even if it ends up being a lie, that transformation was truly handled masterfully, especially reading it as it released over months; growth is slow and rarely steady.

When I started reading this chapter, I didn't believe Seiko could be redeemed, ever. While I would've loved a hopeful ending for Seiichi, I looooooove to have my expectations subverted-- what if this is a tragedy for Seiko too??

The idea that her unsettling smile was forced out of fear, not a sociopath attempting to mimic the rest of us; if this whole time she's been trying to protect other children, the girlfriend, Seiichi from himself... Of course it's not okay for an adult to abuse a child, even if that child is killing animals and displaying psychopathic tendencies, but what if she never pushed him, he just fell? Dad blamed her and she blamed herself, so she accepted the narrative? And maybe she only recognized Seiichi's nature so early because he got it from her?

I'm here for whatever, thank you Oshimi.

Fed-Kun's army
so uh what the fuck is going on now?
did mom somehow seanced her soul out of the jail directly to him?
is he in a dream and this is all self guilt shit?
is he dying in the snow right now, hallucinating this before his death?
WHAT THE FUCK

also the notion that the real monster isn't his mother but it was him pushing all his guilt onto his mother is pretty fucking amazing ngl

Ara ara. You have to learn everything.
We must not forget that we follow above all the story of the young carefree kid. Gradually, he acquired experience and gained maturity. And so he comes to awareness.

The author ran the plot on the mother for 89 chapters.
He will not be able to conclude a correct ending just with the mother ending up in prison and Seishi living the good life for granted.

Shige is also part of his misfortune.

Supporter
Hmm. 🤨 Seiko is not so young and beautiful then. Were the crazy conversations she had while her husband and Seiichi present also fictional? Shigeru pointed out that she was the one who pushed him off the cliff, right? I understand the unreliable narrator concept and use, but just how much of what happened in this story is fact or delusion on Seiichi's part? Did he really share some tender moments with Fukiishi, or is that made-up too? I'm really not a fan of this storytelling tool, since all too often, it is abused to the point where you're forced to question too much of what has happened. I hope that is not the case here, and that they really do look like monsters.

So, Seiichi was an unreliable narrator then? Was everything we saw in the story thus far a giant lie, or were only some parts of it lies?

Users who are viewing this thread