Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 16 Ch. 141 - Injury

Dex-chan lover
I had honestly forgotten what happened last chapter. He's going to end up taking care of her.

Dex-chan lover
So regarding the Aunt, I wonder is she even still alive? She was around the age of Seichi's dad so she's either really old or passed away already. From how I interpret it I assume she's already dead, hence why we see her together with her son.
Even if she's alive I don't think she pushed Seiko. She's an old woman herself and I feel like she would've taken action long ago with Seiko being that weak and confused for years.

Double-page supporter
Seem like the author is walking the thin line between that slow-burn artsy vibe and hmmmm.... nothingness. Idk but at this point I don't even care about Seichi's fate anymore since he has became more like an embodiment of suffering who move along aimlessly instead of a real character, and the plot is as thin as paper that all that's left is style and that melancholic vibes over real substance.

Dex-chan lover
This series started out so damn good and the hook of the characters well, hooked me in, but I’ve been following this for so damn long now and I just feel like it’s Constant loop and not in the good sense, like, it feels like the authors purposely dragging it on, at first I thought that kinda “artsy” take was interesting but now it’s kinda just overdone, I always think every week will be the day I’ll see “End” on one of these updates but it’s still somehow going ffs

Dex-chan lover
This series started out so damn good and the hook of the characters well, hooked me in, but I’ve been following this for so damn long now and I just feel like it’s Constant loop and not in the good sense, like, it feels like the authors purposely dragging it on, at first I thought that kinda “artsy” take was interesting but now it’s kinda just overdone, I always think every week will be the day I’ll see “End” on one of these updates but it’s still somehow going ffs
I think that's my issue as well, coupled with this idea of the son seemingly "forgiving" the mother. I mean, she had an active part in destroying his life and that's the whole theme around the story and the story just kinda punts it away. I feel like I skipped a whole other arc getting to this point, but the author just wanted the end result without the work put into it, all while trying to make it as "visually artsy" as possible, which ultimate robs this moment of all of its emotional weight.

Dex-chan lover
I think that's my issue as well, coupled with this idea of the son seemingly "forgiving" the mother. I mean, she had an active part in destroying his life and that's the whole theme around the story and the story just kinda punts it away. I feel like I skipped a whole other arc getting to this point, but the author just wanted the end result without the work put into it, all while trying to make it as "visually artsy" as possible, which ultimate robs this moment of all of its emotional weight.
Oshimi stories are always like this. I will bet that Seiichi being depicted moving on from his mother's sins is just a setup for him getting an entirely different direction of development. Now that their positions are basically reversed with Seiichi being the caregiver with the more autonomy/"power" in their dynamic, it would be interesting to see if he decides to treat her like shit as a form of revenge, or something else.

That said, Seiichi attempting to move on while Seiko's only comeuppance being getting old and en route to die alone is very realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread