Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 9 Ch. 77 - Sei, Honey

Dex-chan lover
Omfg. I even posted a pic today on my Instagram of Chi no Wadachi and the caption was "God I hate Seiko". This only deepens that hatred.

Poor seichi has had terrible parents who never let him live a normal life :( I just hope he's able to get through his trauma

Dex-chan lover
And the father and his family didn't do anything?!?! They kept this a secret and still had her mother stick with him?!?!

Well yeah I guess you could say her mother managed to do a cover up.

Fed-Kun's army
Seeing this chapter reminds me that there is a mental thing that mothers can get. I don't know the medical term. But it is basically that mothers Start to not being able to love their children. Caring for their child becomes such a big burden to their Souls, that Hey have to learn to love their children. This requires Group Therapie between them. If not cured or diagnosed, then I guess something like this happens. Where the parent just wishes they or their kids do disappear and also attempts to suicide with heir kids.

The ending is near guys. Let the Revelations flow!

Fed-Kun's army
@faniki
Ya, I thnk this is it. I had a friend that told me his mom told him how she suffered under a Form of it, when he was 3 or 4 years old. He also described to me how he faintly remembered how his mom and him had Therapie where she had to learn apprechiating him by patting his head among other things.

Sei seemed at least 4 or 5 in that flashback. So it would fit that he rememberes how she yeeted him off the hill. Let's see how author will explain her behaviour.

I pray it's nothing boring like Bad childhood or anything like that.

Aggregator gang
Wow so back then, I guess is also when they encountered the supposed dead cat, and Seiichi recalls being injured too. But mom played stupid and didnt tell Seiichi shit and now we know why.

Damn thats just tragic. And ppl saying Seiichi did this lmfao

Seconding her postpartum depression but she also seemed to already be depressed from way back. Probably when she still was a high schooler herself or smth. Sad.

@Hasekun i always though that SHE resented him for not being able to sympatize with her (and i guess blaming him for trapping her in a lifestyle she hated) and instead basically just telling her to "be a good house wife and everything will sort itself out", causing Seiko to emotionally punish Seiichi by using her husband as the negative point of comparison to further manipulate him. Seiichi didnt seem that close to his dad but he didnt seem to hate him until Seiko started to make him.

Also Seiichi didnt seem aware of his parents having issues until he casually heard them that one time. Everything else was kept normal (for his sake i guess).

Seiko hiding shit from her husband like her trying to kill their kid seems standard and doable Seiko behavior tbh

Dex-chan lover
Seiko's crazy mode faces make this manga more horrific than actual horror titles. Perhaps because of the fact that it's done very realistically and also she is you know, just a very average regular mom otherwise, then even your friendly single mom neighbor could be hiding something like this deep within.

Fed-Kun's army
I let out a loud gasp when I reached page 11. Holy shit his mother is a demon. I knew she abused him but my god....

Thank you for translating

Aggregator gang
This story is most likely about a woman who has been battling schizophrenia her whole life. Fighting between wanting to go along with life and pretend everything is okay. The other two traits I've noticed is the one where she apologizes for existing, for doing all the things she's done and not being good enough and the last trait where she accepts it all is numb towards the whole situation.

Frighting to read this in a manga but even more so that it hits a little bit close to home. Thankfully the person in my life was able to seek professional help and have the correct medication. Seiko sadly wasn't

Dex-chan lover
Ah...
He couldn't see her face and so shouldn't be able tell whether Seiko was smiling or not when she pushed Shigeru off, but if he thinks that she was, it's likely because Seiichi has seen her smile in the same situation before.

Dex-chan lover
@3RDp
From what I can recall, postpartum depression most commonly occurs soon after childbirth. Did your friend's mom have another child around when he was that age?

Fed-Kun's army
@Faust9
I was actually reading about it again the other day when I was on my PC and not my phone and was curious about this as well.
So there are cases where mothers assume they don't have it and drag it along with them over the years and so it can turn into other forms of depression. Or, like you said they had another child shortly after and gained this depression. Or they already had a mental disorder long before that and it turns into postpartum / maternal / any other form of depression.

And knowing the authors previous work, its most likely she already had a depression long before Sei was even born.
Also if you look at how trashy Seichi's father is and how he does work more than being able to support his wife in raising Seichi. She probably felt left alone in raising him / felt alone while suffering under depression, which could have ultimately led to her actions in wanting to disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread