Chibikko Kenja, Lv. 1 Kara Isekaide Ganbarimasu! - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - Argo, the one who loves water

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
Do they need to acknowledge that every single god damn time? They already know. If they didn't know about her strength, why would they ask her to hold back so then she doesn't garner attention or get them killed?

I'm pretty sure the other guy questioned if you ever read this manga because they've already constantly recognized her strength. It would be extremely annoying if they just showered her with praise every time.

Also, she's at present, an 8 year old child who never experienced battle before meeting them. She needs them as much as they need her. If she was alone, pretty sure she'd be dead long ago. She has powerful spells, but that's it. She can't tank, she can't scout, she has no agility whatsoever (what if her mana is almost out and she needs to run away?), she would be useless against enemies with strong magical resistances, etc. Imagine her trying to solo a dungeon. She'd be very prone to sneak attacks and just 1 of those would immediately get her killed 'cause yaknow, an 8 y-o girl's body is pretty damn frail. On top of that she's a class that's typically frail... Also, those guys took her in and provided her with all the necessities she needs. They're also constantly protecting her fron politics. No matter how powerful she is, she can't take on a whole country who probably has sages that are much stronger than her anyway. Give her party more credit, and I mean that in every way. As they're plenty needed themselves and very much acknowledge the MC's power.

This is why in these mangas you have the almighty sorcerer who's power is far beyond their party still hang out with a party. They know that despite their destructive power, there are many roles they still can't fill, thus needing a full party. It would be pretty shitty to always give all the credit to the sorcerer, even if they're the one who ultimately nuke the boss.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme and @Doomer seems like Argo tried to sacrifice himself for victory again, while Yuri was worrying about what to do, he dashed toward the tsunami, and threw his sword just as the wave would have hit him. Leviathan spells it out while giving him the blessing.

Dex-chan lover
I like to think Leviathan was being petty after losing to a little girl so he gave his blessing to the last hitter 😂

Dex-chan lover
@JWChibi @CountryMage No, actually Leviathan recognised Yuri immediately as the real deal among the group. Perhaps that's the reason why it didn't bother to offer Yuri any rewards as such. It knew Yuri is more equal to itself, unlike the mere humans otherwise present. So, any reward it could offer might not mean that much as far as Yuri is concerned, but could be a big deal for the humans. This is why Argo receiving the reward doesn't bother me that much.

@Toon_Jay Doesn't she hesitate because they told her that she's a walking disaster and thus she should just be a good girl and not do anything? That's not recognising much. Strength is not just a theoretical level of power. According to the others, Yuri shouldn't have even frozen the dragon here, even though that was the actual victory move. So, what use would her power then be? If they just recognise her theoretical potential but then think she's too stupid to use and control her own power, they don't really recognise anything, do they? Even if it has saved their lives.

And sure, I'd like it if they keep saying or otherwise indicating it. She also doesn't need help against some rotten noble. She's not even a citizen of the country. Why would she need to fight a country or even just a county? She can just hit the road if the place turns hostile. It's not like she would be tied down to a home or a family in that world. She'd be just fine with Noir around. That being said, I don't mind her hanging around with those stooges, but those folks should understand they are in the company of a sage.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
They don't think she's stupid and she pretty much showed that she lacks control ._. And no matter how you look at it, she IS a walking disaster.
Also, she's EIGHT YEARS OLD!

Finally dude... I'm sorry but I'm also questioning if you read this manga or not. I'm not trying to be rude, but for one, they made it painfully clear that her using her magic will garner attention from royalty and that it would be way too troublesome. Most likely they'll want her power on their side. We're not just talking a rotten noble or two. Do you really think the country would just leave a living nuke alone? And so what about her not being a citizen? We're not talking voluntary work here. Obviously they'd MAKE her fight for them eventually, and she won't be able to fight an entire god damn country. They'd have nothing to lose for killing/antagonizing her anyway since she has no affiliation. They wouldn't be making any political enemies or inciting any wars.

As for showing why she couldn't have done shit alone, I mean she only leveled up by assisting in kills. Hell, when they were fighting the wolves attacking a village, she couldn't handle the battle scene and froze up, despite having the power to decimate these wolves.

Group Leader
@zeroxjac lol Yeah and Thats probably true if She can spend so much Time maxing a character to get the sage so IT makes Little sense why She wants to get back so much. She has quite a decent life right now but She's like " I want to get back because I dont know but I want to get back" while probably She was a shut in because She spend a huge amount of Time getting her character. Obviously theres must be something to move the Story forward but this is kind of a stupid reason.

Dex-chan lover
Motherfucker that ain't a fucking tsunami, let alone a big one, the that's just a big wave

Dex-chan lover
@Toon_Jay If she's pushed, she will fight. Like she did here. Surrounded by the knights/soldiers, she can rely on them and do less, which is a huge pity. She's also not eight years old, apart from physically (sort of, because I reckon in that world there's no other seemingly eight years old who's a sage). A real eight years old wouldn't behave like she does. Which is a very good thing for this story.

Don't worry, I've been reading this manga for longer than you have, as well. You also haven't said anything rude.

I don't see how she couldn't escape the country if they turned hostile, like I said. She has zero reason to actually fight them. They can use absolutely nothing against her since she has no family, no possessions, no whatsoever in the country. They might be able to assassinate her, but that's it. However, any number of entities in that world would like to kill her, such as monsters. It's just a reality of life over there. The country has poor control over unpopulated areas, so fleeing wouldn't be difficult. In reality experts of many sorts had their solid value in the past and were respected for it. In fact they still are. People weren't idiots, they knew you couldn't force a real expert to work for you, at least not for an extended period of time and with full trust. That's why they were hired and sponsored, already in the Classical period. A happy and willing genius will produce far more profit than one who only dreams of escaping. Of course the ancient societies were complex, so certain experts were even slaves, but they would be treated much better than regular slaves.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme

I think it's mentioned that her mind regressed to that of an 8 year-old, although she still has her memories. And again, despite being a sage, it's an 8 y-o's body. 1 hit and she's down. Also, travelling would be extremely difficult with that tiny, frail body. If she ends up tired and alone in a dangerous place, which would be VERY likely, she'd very easily be done for. You're giving her wayyy too much credit. Especially when we're talking about a world full of dangers left and right, where even powerful people can get caught off guard and somehow captured, sealed or killed.

Then there's also taking into account how she could easily hurt herself. I mean ffs she wanted to use her super-powerful lightning magic in a damp cave with a lake ._.

Despite being powerful, she needs the guidance of these adults. And there's no point in taking needless political risks either. All she has is her magic, but then what? She has no knowledge of the world around her, which is extremely crippling.

And again, while having her past memories, her mind has still regressed to that of child. There are so many ways things can go wrong for her.

And tbh I do kinda agree that it sucks that we don't see her do more stuff, but the more I think about it, the more their treatment of her makes sense.

LMAO

That asshole stole the kill and got the reward, even though it was clearly meant for the sage. "I'll see you in the sage tower", like what the fuck is that guy gonna do there? He aint the sage, bruh. ROFL

This is why people detest kill stealing

Dex-chan lover
@Toon_Jay In my opinion, although I don't interact that much with children so you could say I'm out of touch, Yuri's still a lot above a real eight years old. She's just a highly spoiled individual. You could tell that in the very beginning as well. She was supposedly an adult back in her original world, but she was just missing her mother immediately and whatnot. Perhaps she has regressed since, but I'd say it's due to her basic personality, which was always immature. Not that she wouldn't have occasionally felt bad about it, so she's conscious of it, unlike real children. Nevertheless, she's most definitely not above enjoying her position as a protected child among the knights. Such attitude actually reinforces her childish behavior, which is huge pity. Although it's kind of the core if this story, as it is, so there's no helping it. If she had needed to survive on her own in a nastier place, you can bet she wouldn't behave in a nearly as immature way.

Btw, when I say Yuri could survive without the knights, I don't mean alone. She will always have Noir. You can't underestimate that beast in its real form. Even Leviathan paid attention to Noir, the Panther King. I believe Noir could actually gather more followers through its natural ability as a boss monster.

Long story short, if the knights expected more from Yuri, and thus also relied on her more and noted her achievements, she couldn't act so much like a spoiled kid and would need to pull her weight. Following all that would be respect. Now they merely respect some vague potential she might have in their minds, perhaps also her unknown origin, but apart from that they just think she's cute.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
Idt you can count noir because she got him after meeting the knights.

Also, idt they just recognize some vague potential, they've already seen her magic. Idk where you get the idea that they don't recognize her strength. They have her hold back BECAUSE they know how strong she is.

And the reason I talk about how she regressed is because she literally has an 8 y-o's brain right now. She doesn't just act like an immature child, she IS an immature child right now.

Dex-chan lover
@Toon_Jay If she hadn't met the knights, this would be a 90% different story, so it's impossible to say what she would have and what not. However, if she had fled the fortress to avoid the nobleman's possible machinations, she would now be out there alone with Noir. That's a scenario we can predict better. It would, still, mean she would start to make major decisions and look after herself, even though Noir would basically still be a knight for her, but one not really making any decisions or advicing her.

They don't recognise her power/strength if they don't trust her to use it smartly and responsibly.

She might indeed have an 8-year old brain, but she's not like a real eight years old kid. So, it's not a linear correlation.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme

Who in their right mind would trust an 8 year-old to use it smartly and responsibly?

And I think it's the opposite. I think this emphasizes how much they recognize her power. They recognize how powerful she is and how dangerous it can be. Them trying to be careful with it is proof of their recognition. Otherwise they wouldn't be cautious with an 8 y-o nuke.

Contributor
@Toon_Jay
> Ffs she doesn't even have water spells yet
> She even has access to the status window
> The MC doesn't even have water spells yet

..there are two water spells listed in her status window on page 11.

Users who are viewing this thread