Chihiro-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Seagull Day

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the TL.

Could someone explain to me what her thought process is in this chapter?
I could be wrong but I as I currently understand it, she is trying to process some misunderstood/unresolved emotions. But what exactly?

That being said, I don't envy being in that position of trying to make sense of unresolved or unexamined emotions in the context of your life. That is so difficult.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Oh, I connect to this need to be alone and not wanting to engage socially so deeply. I have always loved celebrating, and helping in preparation for events, but something in me shuts down once groups flood in. It's not a trauma or a self-imposed loneliness, just a kind of contentment that comes from being by myself. I don't think it is the result of trying to work through emotions for me personally, just a way I am built, find it most meaningful and easy to be a being. Not sure if that makes total sense.

Thank you for committing to bringing us this poignant, resonant manga, translators!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL.

Could someone explain to me what her thought process is in this chapter?
I could be wrong but I as I currently understand it, she is trying to process some misunderstood/unresolved emotions. But what exactly?

That being said, I don't envy being in that position of trying to make sense of unresolved or unexamined emotions in the context of your life. That is so difficult.
I could be wrong, but I think it has something to do with that friend of her's in highschool that died. She mentioned not crying back then. Maybe it's unresolved/repressed grief.

Fed-Kun's army
I could be wrong, but I think it has something to do with that friend of her's in highschool that died. She mentioned not crying back then. Maybe it's unresolved/repressed grief.

Dammit, my reading comprehension is shit. I completely forgot about that chapter. Coupled with her experiences as a sex worker, I don't think the protag doesn't have someone they can be completely emotionally honest yet.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow I missed this when it first posted, but I gotta say this is an absolutely gorgeous chapter, even with the heavy themes. The watercolor opening really sells the delicacy of her emotions on that day, and the juxtaposition of the raucous festival against her private recharge(?) is sublimely cinematic.

Users who are viewing this thread