Chiisai Boku no Haru - Ch. 20 - You're an Amazing Captain

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was going to be a good match but they were crushed. Let's see what Souta will do next.

fs8l6eX.jpeg

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
so they are not changing but sticking to the original tactics/plan?

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah but its mainly used as a medium for character growth. Theres really no volleyball scenes other than characters talking or flashbacks nor any talk delving into their specific strengths or strats. Its sorta like 3-gatsu no lion
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I thought there was going to be a whole chapter centered around the match. But it really isn't a shounen battle manga huh.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. I was worried things may be looking grim but this gives me hope for the future of the series tbh

Dex-chan lover
You know she's a keeper when she's willing to call you out on your good traits :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I was surprised the mangaka did not show the game but I wasn't surprised they lost, but I supposed Seiei totally crushed them because they recognized their potential, and they wanted to eliminate future rivals while they are still budding - not necessarily because they are mocking them (but partly so, so they can show how much the gap is between them).
But still, Souta is still a chad so far. I am really liking his 'stop being so much of a simp and just play and work hard' attitude in life. While the romcom element is in the back-burner, I somehow like this pace better, than it being forced (and potentially making it look like a 'BokuYaba look-alike').

Dex-chan lover
Interesting that Souta's pretty much put the possibility of Asahi liking him out the window. So he's focusing on volleyball and winning. Interesting to see how Taikyou plays to win Asahi. Also interesting to see Asahi think Souta's using her for volleyball when she never responded to his confession. It never comes up.in her mind that he thinks she rejected him.

With the romcom mostly back burner I am wondering where the club will go with Soutas leadership.

Users who are viewing this thread