Chiisai Boku no Haru - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Conveying

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised how he wasn't bothered by the fact that his little sister is just casually topless in her underwear while watching TV. The confession part didn't go as bad as other rom-coms would handle it. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say I wouldn't expect a confession so quickly, but this story also rockets through basically every other major event they've had so far (tournaments, big matches, most of a year of school), so....

Also yay confession without needlessly drawn out stalling but what the hell was the rest of that? Setting up the big confrontation last chapter with the brother only to have him play it off with a "just joking!" excuse is dumb. If they wanted to continue that drama, have him say nothing after that and just let it eat at Souta that way. This makes it seem like the author did that just to milk the cliffhanger then realize how having them confront the issue now would end it too quickly.

I know people will say (and have said) that this is just slice-of-life and I shouldn't expect an unbroken and consistent narrative, but I also feel like I should expect them not to just clumsily lurch from one item on a "moments to explore" checklist to the next with no care about how they get there. I want to feel like the author put care and attention into crafting their story, and bouncing around with weak justifications and "and then this happened" narration cuts isn't that.

There's a really good story here if things could focus long enough to tell it well.

Contributor
“I wish that we had a romance manga which didn’t have absurdly slow pacing”

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised how he wasn't bothered by the fact that his little sister is just casually topless in her underwear while watching TV. The confession part didn't go as bad as other rom-coms would handle it. Thanks for the chapter.
I mean my sis goes around topless all the time and I don't care.

Where I live it's hot as fuck on the evenings so she likes to take off her top to cool down in her room.

Aggregator gang
I want to feel like the author put care and attention into crafting their story, and bouncing around with weak justifications and "and then this happened" narration cuts isn't that.

There's a really good story here if things could focus long enough to tell it well.
Ahhh you put the thing in words!!!!! There are a lot of great components here but little to no development of them individually....or at all, really

Group Leader
Oh I didnt expect him to say this already.... ok than... mmmm.... what now? She will be avoiding him? xD

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure it will get brushed off anyway 😆 at least he got some answer from it and Souta really liked volleyball even before he met Asahi.

Users who are viewing this thread