Chiisai Boku no Haru - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Conveying

Dex-chan lover
Ah. A confession.

Kinda surprised they didn't just do a time skip and casually mention in a caption that he confessed to her.

Also, what the heck, little sis. Put a shirt on, please.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say I wouldn't expect a confession so quickly, but this story also rockets through basically every other major event they've had so far (tournaments, big matches, most of a year of school), so....

Also yay confession without needlessly drawn out stalling but what the hell was the rest of that? Setting up the big confrontation last chapter with the brother only to have him play it off with a "just joking!" excuse is dumb. If they wanted to continue that drama, have him say nothing after that and just let it eat at Souta that way. This makes it seem like the author did that just to milk the cliffhanger then realize how having them confront the issue now would end it too quickly.

I know people will say (and have said) that this is just slice-of-life and I shouldn't expect an unbroken and consistent narrative, but I also feel like I should expect them not to just clumsily lurch from one item on a "moments to explore" checklist to the next with no care about how they get there. I want to feel like the author put care and attention into crafting their story, and bouncing around with weak justifications and "and then this happened" narration cuts isn't that.

There's a really good story here if things could focus long enough to tell it well.
The brother isn't going "just kidding" he doesn't trust out MC over here. Immediately after that he didn't listen to what he was told to do and it was even brought up by MC.

Supporter
But its shown that's not the reason he plays volleyball.
It's A reason. At any given time, it might be the most important one. It's certainly why he tried to hurry back from injury and definitely why he schedules practice time one-on one.

Dex-chan lover
The brother isn't going "just kidding" he doesn't trust out MC over here. Immediately after that he didn't listen to what he was told to do and it was even brought up by MC.
@Darkshade13 Check the last page. Little bro was definitely not joking.

I know he's not actually joking and he's still hung up on it, but the fact that they tease a confrontation then use that weak "just joking" bit to play it off so the resentment/distrust/whatever can fester for longer was a cheat. If the author didn't want him to confront the guy who's interested in his sister (and also the guy his sister might be interested in) then just let the quiet resentment and aggression fester. The teased and aborted confrontation just felt like a cheap ploy to get a chapter cliffhanger out of it.

Dex-chan lover
But its shown that's not the reason he plays volleyball.
It isn't the reason he  plays, yes, but it is the reason he started putting in actual effort instead of the minimum to have fun.

Dex-chan lover
It isn't the reason he  plays, yes, but it is the reason he started putting in actual effort instead of the minimum to have fun.
I would say she's been the spark that was his previous reason. Before he got beaten down because of his height, and especially since being defensive makes you a lot less "popular" which goes into the vain reason, but when the offense always get the credit and not the million and one saves defense gives, it becomes less and less desirable.

Dex-chan lover
This whole story feels... AI generated, idk how it just gives that uncanny valley feeling loll

Even the "fan service" in this chapter felt super uncanny loll

Banned
is it normal in japan for 13 year old girls to hang around their older brothers topless with just a towel hanging over each of their nippled? what's up with that?

Users who are viewing this thread