Chikashitsu Dungeon: Binbou Kyoudai wa Goraku wo Motomete Saikyou e - Vol. 5 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
When you finally meet yo dad but he still don't had the milk

Dex-chan lover
twist-m-night-shamalan.gif

Dex-chan lover
Checked the raws, its good

basically they punch the dad, expose themselves to the US group and then ends up living with 2 for a time, reconciles with the dad and then it ends with them continuing to explore the dungeon.. the "hero" was never shown up to the end

Dex-chan lover
damn, this part is totally different from the wn, and I guess from here, it will go the different route.

Dex-chan lover
Hope they actually kill him, considering she swore an oath to do so if she ever saw him.
Will be annoying if they actually reconnect all of a sudden, or just leave it be.

Aggregator gang
Oh, it's already completed, damn!
goes check the novel...
Oh, it's on a @#¤& hiatus!?
Yeah, the author is having writer block and he hasn't to post any news afterward on his X(twitter) since last year.

Dex-chan lover
The obligatory "plot twist" this chapter was extra dumb, but it also means that swallowing their pride and with a hint of blackmail they could easily get all their papers in order.
Not that it gonna happen...

Dex-chan lover
probably his dad but like her hated him and would not call him his dad. .I know some people irl who are like that.
they look like they are really close so if he don't call him his dad i don't think he would accept him as her dad too, thus half sibling seems legit

I checked the first chapter again and Brother said: "Our mother passed away, and our father disappeared."

But the last chapter made me think they share a mother but had different fathers. Then this chapter Brother refers to him as "our old man" again.

Could be translation errors though
yeah the half sibling thing seems legit as much as the tl error ^^''

btw in passing, they are probably the reason why he shy away from the media attention
I was under the impression that one of them was adopted/taken in. Touka seems too unfamiliar with Haruka's parents and parts of her upbringing, and they get along too well, to be actual siblings or even half-siblings.

Dex-chan lover
I checked the first chapter again and Brother said: "Our mother passed away, and our father disappeared."

But the last chapter made me think they share a mother but had different fathers. Then this chapter Brother refers to him as "our old man" again.

Could be translation errors though
This could be similar to how when you are embarrassed about a relative you often say something like "That is your aunt! or That is your uncle" as if it were not yours also. This often occurs when you are talking to a sibling or cousin about your aunt or uncle, who is definitely a blood relative (i.e. your mom or dad's sibling), but is an embarrassment to the family.

I will assume that they share both mother and father but they refuse to claim the father because they are mad that he abandoned them after their mother died.

Dex-chan lover
I was under the impression that one of them was adopted/taken in. Touka seems too unfamiliar with Haruka's parents and parts of her upbringing, and they get along too well, to be actual siblings or even half-siblings.
It never gives me the impression that either one was adopted as Chapter 1 page 9 clearly states "that after their mother passed away their father disappeared". This led me to believe that they were blood relatives and more specifically siblings. In this chapter I think that Touka was sarcastically stating that it was Haru's father because he refuses to claim him. I believe this is because Touka can't believe that their father would just abandon them and leave it up to him to take care of his little sister when they were just high school students (it clearly states in Chapter 1 that they had no money, no place to stay, and had to drop out of high school and move into an abandoned factory in the countryside after their father disappeared (abandoning them)).

Chapter 15 when the siblings realize that the Minotaur can understand the human language they state that they are siblings and they can understand each other's movements because they have been supporting each other for a very long time they don't need any words. This would lead me to believe that they are very familiar with each other, way more than a normal pair of siblings would be. This could be for several reasons one of which is that the siblings were abandoned while in high school and prior to that I would believe the older brother took care of the younger sister most of the time as their mother was sick and the father probably was at work or not involved with the children. Thus, the older brother fulfilled the parental role of the younger sister.

Dex-chan lover
question is would his subordinates get demoralized that their leader is a deadbeat.
I think that the US military/government would probably drop him as a leader if they knew he abandoned his children. In the US if an adult leaves a minor child (<18 years old) alone for any period of time without regard for their health or safety, it is considered abandonment and the guardians could be prosecuted under various civilian laws (i.e. child abandonment, child endangerment…). This can result in criminal consequences and even jail time.

If the person is in the military as Haru’s (<17) and Toukas (17) father is then besides civil law the military can take the following actions: serve him with a Memorandum of Reprimand, reduction in grade/rank, bar his reenlistment, give him a administrative separation, perform some type of non-judicial punishment under UCMJ (i.e. Art. 15.7 Court-martial and UCMJ, Art. 92 failure to follow a direct order).

One problem is that the sibling’s father is the leader of the most famous military team in the US “Angus Brigade”. If it became widely known that he abandoned his family in Japan and became the leader of this important team the citizens would step in and criticize the government for allowing such a scumbag to represent the US in the Dungeons (essentially disgracing the US team in front of the world). This would force the government to step in and possibly cause the whole team to eventually be abandoned. If the citizens were to boycott the selling of anything that the Angus Brigade recovered from the dungeons and they had no way to sell them and make any money the team would eventually be abandoned.

Dex-chan lover
I think that the US military/government would probably drop him as a leader if they knew he abandoned his children. In the US if an adult leaves a minor child (<18 years old) alone for any period of time without regard for their health or safety, it is considered abandonment and the guardians could be prosecuted under various civilian laws (i.e. child abandonment, child endangerment…). This can result in criminal consequences and even jail time.

If the person is in the military as Haru’s (<17) and Toukas (17) father is then besides civil law the military can take the following actions: serve him with a Memorandum of Reprimand, reduction in grade/rank, bar his reenlistment, give him a administrative separation, perform some type of non-judicial punishment under UCMJ (i.e. Art. 15.7 Court-martial and UCMJ, Art. 92 failure to follow a direct order).

One problem is that the sibling’s father is the leader of the most famous military team in the US “Angus Brigade”. If it became widely known that he abandoned his family in Japan and became the leader of this important team the citizens would step in and criticize the government for allowing such a scumbag to represent the US in the Dungeons (essentially disgracing the US team in front of the world). This would force the government to step in and possibly cause the whole team to eventually be abandoned. If the citizens were to boycott the selling of anything that the Angus Brigade recovered from the dungeons and they had no way to sell them and make any money the team would eventually be abandoned.
I was under the impression that Angus Brigade was a PMC and not affiliated with the US military.

Everything else i agree with

Dex-chan lover
I was under the impression that Angus Brigade was a PMC and not affiliated with the US military.

Everything else i agree with
I reread the last few chapters and you are correct they are a PMC but since they are representing the US in a US-Japan dungeon collaboration for the exchange of dungeon information they are representing the US on a National Stage. I am unsure if Angus Mercenarie Corps has sponsors but I would imagine they do because of their size and popularity. If Angus has sponsors they are now in jeopardy of losing their sponsor's support if the information about him abandoning his children were to get out.

I also can't wait until Touka (Lv 71 Ch 31) and Haru (Lv 71 in Ch 31) attack Angus (Lv 61 Ch 32) and knock him down a peg or two. I don't see the siblings holding back if they do I believe that it will feel forced.

Dex-chan lover
It never gives me the impression that either one was adopted as Chapter 1 page 9 clearly states "that after their mother passed away their father disappeared". This led me to believe that they were blood relatives and more specifically siblings. In this chapter I think that Touka was sarcastically stating that it was Haru's father because he refuses to claim him. I believe this is because Touka can't believe that their father would just abandon them and leave it up to him to take care of his little sister when they were just high school students (it clearly states in Chapter 1 that they had no money, no place to stay, and had to drop out of high school and move into an abandoned factory in the countryside after their father disappeared (abandoning them)).

Chapter 15 when the siblings realize that the Minotaur can understand the human language they state that they are siblings and they can understand each other's movements because they have been supporting each other for a very long time they don't need any words. This would lead me to believe that they are very familiar with each other, way more than a normal pair of siblings would be. This could be for several reasons one of which is that the siblings were abandoned while in high school and prior to that I would believe the older brother took care of the younger sister most of the time as their mother was sick and the father probably was at work or not involved with the children. Thus, the older brother fulfilled the parental role of the younger sister.
Angus (the father) seems to also not be acknowledging Touka as his actual son. The way he entrusts Touka with taking care of Haruka is worded like a father giving permission for marriage, rather than entrusting an elder sibling with taking care of the family.

Users who are viewing this thread