Children - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Copycat

Dex-chan lover
Getting darker...

I think what's implied is that he/she (presumably she) was disowned because she was transgender and her family didn't accept her, and so she was orphaned, hence the scar @Patopeye @Nick86

My suspension of disbelief is this close to collapsing onto itself. There better be a plausible explanation for the logistics of management and funding of kidnapping entire crowds of people on a regular basis and running a school at the same time, without being instantly discovered by the local law authorities, regardless of how remote this place is. People comparing it to Junji's work are out of their god damn minds. His manga always has a supernatural element to hand wave the circumstances away, or in the cases where it doesn't have one, like the stalker family, it's very much grounded in reality.

Fed-Kun's army
@nickzero10 Not to mention tone, atmosphere, tension, theme, buildup. This is pretty generic slasher fare by comparison. I mean I've definitely seen worse but this is definitely not that, not by a long shot.

Aggregator gang
Lol at the girl sleeping on top of him. That's me irl

Fed-Kun's army
Well, at least the other kids have been rather welcoming of him. That's nice. They are good kids.

Now burn that place to the ground with everyone inside

I have no expectations for the plot, it's mostly been an excuse for gore. Hopefully no more sexual abuse is used as a traumatic incident' it is too often the go-to for these edgy types of manga. But, I am curious how it all ends.

Aggregator gang
it's 10:16 pm for me
see ya later not gonna read, I ain't gonna sacrifice my quarantine sleep

Dex-chan lover
When you think this shit couldnt get any more edgy and over the top
One of the kids is trans

what the fuck

Banned
@RainSpectre @Kampfarsch

From the next chapter, it doesn't seem like he's trans.

He's a child who's parents abused and made him wear girl clothes. Forcing him to be female.

IDK about you, but others trying to say this is a "trans" character says Alot about them than this character.

Aggregator gang
'Two dudes chilling in a hot tub, five feet apart cuz they're not gay'
is the only meme keeping me sane from this manga right now

Users who are viewing this thread