Chirizokonai no Hiraeth - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
This manga is your one stop guide in teaching you how you can commit suicide in various ways...

(What in the world is going on with these two 🫨?)

Thank you for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
I feel the disturbing romance getting in the way for peak fiction, like, if it was a mystery novel, they would ask the right questions but because is about love, they're thinking about relationships instead of the transcendental impossible miracle that just took place which includes immortality, teletransportation and full recovery... so it's a shame really, doesn't seem like the author wants to explore the difficult details yet.
Or maybe I'm partially pissed off because I don't want more focus on the manipulative bitch.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, this is so good. Heavy and hard to read but goddamn does it make you think about having your affairs in order and absolving yourself of lingering regrets in this world. It's really nice to see another series like A Monster Wants to Eat Me, and I definitely can foresee it heading towards a "by the time she's cleaned up her life and is ready to die without regrets, she'll find a reason to live her life free of the things that made her want to die in the first place" ending which would be simply👩🏿‍🍳 👌🏾💋

Also I'm in love with the fact that for the most part, the sexuality of the main character isnt centered (mostly bc this is very likely not a romance, maybe romantic drama or romantic tragedy at best) and it reads like a psychological drama featuring a woman who just so happens to be gay. It's nice seeing lesbian rep without it front and center as the plot/theme, makes it feel less voyeuristic

Dex-chan lover
After a few more death cycles she's def going to finally build up the fortitude to deal with her leech of a "friend". She's going to get several more shots at that phone call. Meanwhile she's also going to get to spend just as many death cycles with her new friend who seems fine with treating her since it's final days money anyways.

Dex-chan lover
Geez, OD'ing is not a nice way to go.
I didn't realize it was a caffeine overdose till your comment. Learn something new everyday.
I knew too much caffeine is bad for you but I didn't know you could OD on it.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what to think at the moment. Need moare xD But I hope it will be the dark story with a light in the end!

Slice of life romcom about two girls who are trying to kill themselves! the suicide club! hooray!! (づ ◕‿◕ )づ━☆゚.*・。゚

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if they'll attempt to kill the leech-crush and still reset lol, i think killing her 3-4 times would get it out of her system enough to move on (as well as seeing a therapist or so XD)

Dex-chan lover
I didn't realize it was a caffeine overdose till your comment. Learn something new everyday.
I knew too much caffeine is bad for you but I didn't know you could OD on it.
I assume the 'pills' on 23 were sleeping pills or something you're not supposed to combine with energy/caffeinated drinks so that's probably why tho i'm sure you could OD on anything if you had enough of it

Power Uploader
I assume the 'pills' on 23 were sleeping pills or something you're not supposed to combine with energy/caffeinated drinks so that's probably why tho i'm sure you could OD on anything if you had enough of it
The boxes were marked as "caffeine" (and it was written in Japanese that it was against drowsiness).

Ie, they stuffed themselves with a lot of things that makes the heart go wild, not sleep.

In reality it's highly unlikely anyone healthy would OD on that kind of stuff. They would at most throw up everything and feel very ill. If you had a heart disease, maybe you could die from it, but that's it. OD'ing on caffeine is not unheard of, but it's very rare.

I think it was a choice from the author to not depict an actual method to kill yourself with sleeping pills, but depict the exact opposite.

Dex-chan lover
The boxes were marked as "caffeine" (and it was written in Japanese that it was against drowsiness).

Ie, they stuffed themselves with a lot of things that makes the heart go wild, not sleep.

In reality it's highly unlikely anyone healthy would OD on that kind of stuff. They would at most throw up everything and feel very ill. If you had a heart disease, maybe you could die from it, but that's it. OD'ing on caffeine is not unheard of, but it's very rare.

I think it was a choice from the author to not depict an actual method to kill yourself with sleeping pills, but depict the exact opposite.
Putting the safest one on top was probably a conscious choice by the author. Suicide contagion is a real thing, so maybe they decided/were advised to do so.

it's actually not thaaat hard to OD on caffeine, it's pretty dangerious stuff. it can even by psychoactive!

like a week or two ago there was a bagel place that was in the news for selling caffinated lemonade that caused heart palpitations, and could even kill children if they had more than one. you might not even throw up if you drank enough over an hour/ate enough to prevent it hurting your stomache

Dex-chan lover
it's actually not thaaat hard to OD on caffeine, it's pretty dangerious stuff. it can even by psychoactive!

like a week or two ago there was a bagel place that was in the news for selling caffinated lemonade that caused heart palpitations, and could even kill children if they had more than one. you might not even throw up if you drank enough over an hour/ate enough to prevent it hurting your stomache
yeah might depend on your body, like if you get diabetes and ur not super careful you'd be screwed. tho i guess there's not rly a limit or they bought their own portions because i guess it'd be concerning but it's not like the average cashier would know 'oh this much would kill you" versus them just stocking up for normal usage but either way they prolly wouldn't have bothered like, showing them getting drugs from the yakuza or anything too crazy on top of the time loop suicide pact thing either way lol

Users who are viewing this thread