Chitose Is in the Ramune Bottle - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
Not only is this pretty fucking terrible, I'm bothered by something; is this really an /a/ translation? Because as Nagatoro taught me, whenever /a/ translates something, "normie" is usually replaced by something else.

The protagonist acts like how an introvert thinks extroverts (or weirdo-normie) would behave and not like how real people act. The loud and obnoxious characters combine with their self-consciousness make this chapter really hard to read. The art is nice though.

Dex-chan lover
For me the irksome feeling don’t come from the characters being super ordinary human or anything like that, it’s where the story starts. OreGairu started with the main character meeting another loner who’s frank and honest, which kick starts the events. It got the ball rolling immediately. This one kind of start at the exploring the setting. Unfortunately, the setting is mundane and uninteresting, thus the readers will have to go through all of this before the story introduces us to the main meat, the central conflict, the theme of the story. OreGairu, as mundane as its setting is, always dive head first into its theme, with events revolving around the central conflict and all of the characters have some sort of stake in it. Apparently, as someone have enlightened me, this is the sped up version. The author had to be some kind of literary genius on Hibiki’s level to be able to keep the reader’s interest through all of these mundanity.

So from my understanding this MC is a weird mix of Hayama and Tobe from Oregairu, that dude from Amagi Brilliant Park, and the guy from Charlotte...?

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ, I hope all the painful dialogue and exposition was painful on purpose, because I can see bits and pieces of something interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Can't even remember which girl is which because they were introduced so quickly and all kind of look the same...

And yeah, the dialogue felt very...unnatural. Who actually talks like that?

well this is new, not a story about a loner who likes to be alone or tries to be efficient or hates normies..... i feel like a lot of those stories try to picture normies as something evil and not genuine.....after all for me a class without mood makers is a boring one

Dex-chan lover
@Logic You think these characters come off as genuine?

Honestly I think it's worse here than the usual trope...

Dex-chan lover
no Japanese talks like this, wtf is this

stop making everyone into a dumb American

Well, this was a weird first chapter to read. Gave me secondhand embarrassment from all those "jokes" and whatnot.

Eh, still bookmarking this. Wouldn't be fair to write it off after only one chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread