Chiyo Kuno the Psychic - Vol. 3 Ch. 53

Fed-Kun's army
As the 100th comment let me say.

Thank you translators. And Happy Holidays.

Fed-Kun's army
Holy fucking shit! So many chapters! It's a Christmas miracle! Don't mind me, I'm just binging this series real quick!

Outstanding work, Mr. Teru.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@GalladeGuy Thanks for the chapters, but I do suggest you find yourself better fonts than Anime Ace and Mango. They're both kind of notoriously bad options. Anime Ace especially is basically second only to Comic Sans (well, not exactly, but you get the idea), and Mango is only really good for the occasional sfx due to how unreadable it gets.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@GalladeGuy posted:

What would you suggest for alternatives? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to fonts.
Too many to count, and part of learning is just looking at what other people are doing right and experimenting with stuff you find, but for starters I'd recommend checking out the pinned messages in the #scanlation channel on our discord server. There are several resources there ranging from font reference lists and downloads to various tutorials and stuff. You can obviously also just ask people there for pointers.

The first question in typesetting that you have to ask yourself is always "is this readable", whether that's about the font choices, the sizes you're rendering them at or how the text is fit inside the bubbles, including details like where to put the line breaks in so that it doesn't cause unnecessary hyphenation or awkward reading.

Users who are viewing this thread