Choroi desu yo Onigoroshi-san! - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Rendezvous with Onigoroshi-san

Group Leader
Aw, this was so cute
Not to mention, Sakaine's smile is truly out of this world

Great chapter, actually explained why the F she suddenly demanded him to go out with her

Dex-chan lover
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy hey man thanks for the translations. I really enjoy you TL notes at the end because it shows how much work you've done for the stuff you've translated. Very informative so many thanks.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ochrolv

Thanks! Honestly, that's like half the time I spend on translation because I go chasing down obscure (for me) references and fall into a time sink. The sonkeigo was at least half an hour. I just did Ogre Gun Smoke (probably up tomorrow, there's only Chinese scan up on MD right now) and spent about that much again chasing down information on Gandharva and Dhritarashtra and other Indian/Buddhist mythology, none of which made it on the translation except the name. But it's fun.

https://mangadex.org/title/47900/ogre-gun-smoke

Double-page supporter
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy Please don't take this as definitive, but based on things I've seen elsewhere, "shuki" might be intended as a cutesy slurring of "suki", making the English representation something along the lines of, "This is ... wuv!", or perhaps, "I ... wuv him!" if "shuki" was all that was present, given the tendency of Japanese to drop the subject.

Dex-chan lover
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy
@rebel16 +1

The Su --- ki, could just be the heartbeat skip.
Otherwise, shuki is a tonguebit version of suki.
Also, in japanese -- 好 = Kō -- 好き = Suki = Like/love/prefer/favor
https://www.nihongomaster.com/dictionary/kanji/851/好

Dex-chan lover
It felt like the author was already retconning chapter 1 by chapter 7 but in the end it all falls back into place. Nice cute way to wrap up the book.

Surprise bikini Hakubi-tan in page 6. Lewd

But the real star of the chapter is one page later with that bandaid slipped through the hole in her tights. Arigatight.

page 5 : "there're people everywhere" That hurts my brain. And I'd swear you're not supposed to shorten "there are" like that. But then, english isn't my native language, so what do I know. Or maybe it's meant as a mark of her very distinctive way to speak.

Anyway, thanks for the discovery of a very cute series. Let's hope we can get volume 2 soon.

Fed-Kun's army
this girl is kinda like Aho girl but instead of stupildly annoying she stupidly adorable

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes- the definitely morally approved memory manipulation.. nothing weird or fucked up about it.

Fed-Kun's army
re: People in plural and singular forms, "people" in most usage is plural, but it can be singular when it is used to refer to the entire group in an inclusive manner and can in fact take -s plural form, like the "All the peoples of the Native American tribes." That usage groups all the people of an individual, distinct tribe as a singular "people" and pluralizes the word by adding -s to refer to a collection of the tribes, composed of those individual, distinct tribes.

And colloquially speaking, "there're" is a very common contraction in American English. (can't say about England English).

Users who are viewing this thread