Chotto Ippai! - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Cheer up

Group Leader
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I swear this is the first time we see a guy in like 20 chapters. Nagisa's dad is such a gentle giant, and this chapter was so heartwarming and sad, I swear there were ninja's chopping onions when I was typesetting this.

Dex-chan lover
I'm wondering why Nagisa's parents break up in the first place. They seem to be in good terms with each other, i know peoples who break up can stay in good terms but isn't that a bit too much. I'm supossing Akane is the dad new girlfriend and even Nagisa's mom seem to be in good terms with her.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't be super comfortable with a wound made by raw incredients, especially meat. I'd use some antiseptic before applying a band-aid.

@Lilliwyt Yeah. Perhaps they made a mistake and took responsibility the old-fashioned way? However, neither loved the other one, so they just stayed together for some time. But then, I suppose, they ran out of patience or maybe the old man already found Akane, whom he actually loved. Based on this, they most likely didn't spend their time arguing all the time like many "responsibility" couples of the old did.

Aggregator gang
@Lilliwyt I was thinking the exact same thing.

To be fair though, this manga is meant to be light hearted so something like the divorce explanation might not be delved into

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt
maybe it's rare, but certainly not too much or impossible
I speak from experience since my family is like that, kinda

I feel like it's a untouched dynamic (ie in manga/anime in general) where parents are divorced and one has gotten remarried (or is dating). Pretty minor, and minor in this story, but it's interesting that it makes characters seem like real people.

Dex-chan lover
its must be feel awkward to be the ex-wife to see her ex-husband have another girl (presumably his girlfriend or new wife) beside him.

but atleast Nagisa is happy, and they all nice...
so.. no problem i guess lol

Users who are viewing this thread