Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Prophecy and Blessing

Dex-chan lover
Considering she's someone who can't separate the "game" from the reality in front of her? Never.
And still, Amy has a problem with reality...

During the street encounter, she didn't even sense Anastasia's menacing aura. Meanwhile, Karl-Heinz and the boys did. And they knew Ana at that moment was the equivalent of Kenshin Himura swapping back to Hitokiri Battosai. For once, they were wise enough to sense that dismembered bodies were about to hit the floor if they had carried on with their bullshit, and retreated...

Meanwhile, Amy: "Do it, Leo-sama"!

Hopeless. This "heroine" is hopeless. Denser than depleted uranium. :facepalm:

Contributor
The consequences of destroying the game scenario for his own ends is starting to come in. But it's worth it, a trashy, edgy game plot like that deserves to be derailed in every possible timeline. As a bonus we get to see the frustration and embarrassment of the hapless Amy and her insufferable harem. She'll be forced to use her brain instead of relying on game knowledge as an easy cheat. If she has one, that is.

Time to explain to the (future) wife that he is not setting up a harem.

Dex-chan lover
It's too bad we never see Anastasia ever wear a "Villainess" attire beyond some concept arts.
%E7%94%BA%E4%BA%BAA%E3%81%AF%E6%82%AA%E5%BD%B9%E4%BB%A4%E5%AC%A2%E3%82%92%E3%81%A9%E3%81%86%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%82%82%E6%95%91%E3%81%84%E3%81%9F%E3%81%84%E3%80%90%E3%81%AA%E3%82%8D%E3%81%86%E5%B0%8F%E8%AA%AC%E3%83%AC%E3%83%93%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%81%A8%E6%84%9F%E6%83%B3%E3%80%91-1024x768.jpg
Nice. But on the other hand, I'm glad Anastasia's default looks spare us the usual tropes of otome games villainesses. Such as Victorian era wardrobe, alloy drills for hairstyle and all the stuff. 😁

A bit of variety can't hurt.

Dex-chan lover
Nice. But on the other hand, I'm glad Anastasia's default looks spare us the usual tropes of otome games villainesses. Such as Victorian era wardrobe, alloy drills for hairstyle and all the stuff. 😁

A bit of variety can't hurt.
True but it would have been great if Comic Earthstar at least gave us a fullbody image. Their choice for Anastasia's "official" villainess look is honestly pretty nice. That Black dress is pretty fantastic.

Dex-chan lover
Your reading too deep into this. That's just typical jealous tsundere behavior.

She's just annoyed that she is out of the loop due to her feelings which she seems to be unaware of yet.
Exactly! Klutz Ana is basically in the shoes of a pre-schooler who bullies her first crush, because she's experiencing feelings unkown to them and it scares her.
And you know the rules: fear leads to anger, anger leads to the Dark Side.

But it's not like she hadn't started to grow into an emotionally mature person. It is happening, slowly, and I enjoy watching it chapter after chapter. :)

Dex-chan lover
Exactly! Klutz Ana is basically in the shoes of a pre-schooler who bullies her first crush, because she's experiencing feelings unkown to them and it scares her.
And you know the rules: fear leads to anger, anger leads to the Dark Side.

But it's not like she hadn't started to grow into an emotionally mature person. It is happening, slowly, and I enjoy watching it chapter after chapter. :)
Also to be fair to her, she didn't even do the "bad" tsundere stuff, like physically harm, name calling or punishing.

Dex-chan lover
I'd argue the "physically harm him" part, there were two instances of her getting physical with him (and not in THAT way, not yet anyway), and I would consider making him give up his secrets a punisment (for the crime of keeping secrets from her).
Ah shit, here we go again. Still haven't gotten over the face grab in previous chapter, haven't you?

I think you missed the whole point about Anastasia's unspoken language / body communication. From the start, this girl has only laid her hands on two kind of people:
  1. The ones she really dislikes (Interrupted bitch slap on Amy's face in chapter 19-20)
  2. The ones she really likes (and you know who I'm talking about ;))
When I consider that we haven't ever see Ana hold his fiance's hand or even give a shoulder pat to her childhood friend Margaret, not even once, I think all her little clumsinesses with Allen are actuelly a deep mark of affection. And certainly not something to be so triggered about.

Dex-chan lover
After page 20, I imagine the existence of a "World Between Worlds," a neutral ground that isekai protagonists such as Allen and Aesir can go for a moment of relaxation by recounting to each other all of the pain in the ass things they've gotten themselves involved with.
You mean, something in the same vein as Isekai Quartet but more serious? Hohoho, I would pay to see that. 🤭

Dex-chan lover
The consequences of destroying the game scenario for his own ends is starting to come in. But it's worth it, a trashy, edgy game plot like that deserves to be derailed in every possible timeline. As a bonus we get to see the frustration and embarrassment of the hapless Amy and her insufferable harem. She'll be forced to use her brain instead of relying on game knowledge as an easy cheat. If she has one, that is.

Time to explain to the (future) wife that he is not setting up a harem.
Then try to get the Duke's permission to get out of the "frienzone" imposed on him.

Dex-chan lover
Who's talking about a legally-binding declaration?
Your initial point about him being her knight - which as it turns out he isn't - comes with implications of certain legal or quasi-legal duties coming with the position. "You have to reveal all of your secrets" would be a reasonable stipulation if he were to give any sort of such pledge. But since he has not, the only other way to see this is through lens of Allen-Anastasia interepsonal relationship and Ana's attitude towards it.
Either way, if she decides to one-sidedly claim that "he's hers", and if such claim comes with implications that he has to give up his secrets, and then she sees to it that he does so, well that sounds like a shitty situation to turn up in.
If you get on your knees in front of a woman, then hold a ring up to her, you haven't made any legally binding declarations, but I'll be damned if you didn't send a clear message to anyone watching.
If I gift someone chocolate on 14th of February, would this mean I profess my lifelong love? Or could this mean a mere sign of appreciation, or even a token gesture? Neither we the readers nor Allen know full implications of this gesture, it could be leaving enough room for interpretation, and it observably leaves enough room for Ana to try weasel her way out.
My brother in Christ, the title of the story, and every action he's taken in said story, has been specifically about protecting her. He has dedicated every single breath of his to this one specific woman
In that hypothetical situation where a woman helped me out of my debt, does this mean I am well within my right to demand that she also shares her credit card number and PIN code? Since her actions so far has been about protecting me (from debt collectors) and dedicating herself to me (in form of her labour), this means she's mine, and so she must withhold no secrets from me? She might be in love with me for all I know.
Allen is free to make his own decisions and judgements and protect Ana to the extent he's content with - or rather, that's how it should be. Him dedicating himself (almost) fully to her and of his own volition is a foregone conclusion, and it can be seen in the title as you say. Doesn't mean it entitles Ana to ask for even more

Your initial point about him being her knight - which as it turns out he isn't - comes with implications of certain legal or quasi-legal duties coming with the position. "You have to reveal all of your secrets" would be a reasonable stipulation if he were to give any sort of such pledge. But since he has not, the only other way to see this is through lens of Allen-Anastasia interepsonal relationship and Ana's attitude towards it.
Either way, if she decides to one-sidedly claim that "he's hers", and if such claim comes with implications that he has to give up his secrets, and then she sees to it that he does so, well that sounds like a shitty situation to turn up in.
Your weird focus on legality is blinding you to the situation.
If I gift someone chocolate on 14th of February, would this mean I profess my lifelong love? Or could this mean a mere sign of appreciation, or even a token gesture?
It's definitely more the former than the latter, and if you do that meaning the latter, you're a dick.
Neither we the readers nor Allen know full implications of this gesture, it could be leaving enough room for interpretation, and it observably leaves enough room for Ana to try weasel her way out.
It's not, though. Literally everyone else knows what it is, and filled him in on the exact meaning of the gesture. Anastasia herself knows exactly what she's doing. And she did it in the most public setting she could manage. Ochazuke is no less a sign for you to leave just because you didn't understand the message. And if you confront your hosts, and they vehemently deny they're asking you to leave, it doesn't change things either.
In that hypothetical situation where a woman helped me out of my debt, does this mean I am well within my right to demand that she also shares her credit card number and PIN code? Since her actions so far has been about protecting me (from debt collectors) and dedicating herself to me (in form of her labour), this means she's mine, and so she must withhold no secrets from me? She might be in love with me for all I know.
I feel like you should find a simpler story to read. I recommend Mako-san.

Dex-chan lover
Still haven't gotten over the face grab in previous chapter, haven't you?
Yeah, everyone kinda gave up trying to prove me wrong the last time, but Ana is a gift that keeps on giving
When I consider that we haven't ever see Ana hold his fiance's hand or even give a shoulder pat to her childhood friend Margaret, not even once, I think all her little clumsinesses with Allen are actuelly a deep mark of affection.
In different circumstances, I would find all of this endearing. Really. But her being a tsundere, while also holding her status over him (even if unconciously), while also not considering giving him any concessions in their relationship besides allowing him to call her differently in private, while requiring concessions from him, well I fail to see it positively. But she definitely likes him, and she definitely tries to signal some affection his way.

Dex-chan lover
Your weird focus on legality is blinding you to the situation.
The situation being? In terms which tie it to him having to reveal his secrets, please.
It's definitely more the former than the latter, and if you do that meaning the latter, you're a dick.
Plenty of manga with obligatory chocolate on 14th of February where people have no misunderstanding of what it means. But anyway, are you gonna completely dismiss the concept of signs having broad interpretations? As in, if it is a societal sign/gesture, there must be only a single correct interpretation of it?
Anastasia herself knows exactly what she's doing. And she did it in the most public setting she could manage.
Whatever this sign ultimately meant, it led to no changes in her treatment of him, no other actions or concessions on her part.
I feel like you should find a simpler story to read. I recommend
Talk about being a dick

Users who are viewing this thread