Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai

Dex-chan lover
I'm intrigued with the ending so I read the WN. I'll try making summary from it. Warning spoiler ahead.

The story so far divided into 2 main arc. The student arc and the political war arc. First half is basically what the otome game is, while the second half, I could say a bit derailed too much. Seems like author wants to make a grandiose journey from zero to hero, but failed to wrap in moderate pace. Some sounds ridiculous toward previously described world building. The characters also neglected a lot, mainly only focused on MC and the villainess. Supporting char having more shallow personality and ended up becoming gag jokes. I could say the first half is 8.5/10 while the second half is just 5/10.

In the beginning. He was described as cautious with his skills, but later he doesn't even care. All soldier & people becoming like NPC char. When he flew the airplane in battlefield. "What is that thing? Oh it's Allen. Nevermind." This crazy logic also applied to elven village, sage loringus, epic grade equipment, dragons, etc. "It's is Allen's thing, totally normal." While in the previous arc, author said the discovery of this will disrupt the balance of the world.

Dude also throwing bomb, frag grenade & gasoline bomb from his plane for hours. How? It's his alchemy. No explanation whatsoever. For some reason, no one using magic to him/the dragon during war. Only arrows.

Sometimes he just stand there while Anna doing all the monologue with others.

Sometimes he spend 1 whole chapter being edgy or jokes banter with pervert sage.

One thing that irk me is when he saved catatonic Anna, instead of rushing to the medic/healer, he proceed to carpet bomb enemy for half an hours in the battlefield first, with Anna dangling behind him.

She turns from lawful good to meek teenage, lovey dovey with MC. Suddenly jumped into Strength S and Magic S toward the final battle. She even let Amy as a rape toy in mines, although several chapters earlier she said about forgiving Crown Prince.

I could say Amy is kinda pitiful char. Yes she is delusional snowflake who still believe that this is just a game. But she is actually bullied high school girl who died at 18yo. While MC is a successful aerospace engineer. I am disappointed with how author develop Amy toward the end. She is there for the sake of edgy revenge.

Let just say that Elven village, Jerome, Melissa, mother, Margarete, Isabella, Duke, Monica, Rudolph, etc is just NPC in the 2nd half story. They are there with no purpose at all.

Overall it is enjoyable read. Not great, but not terrible.

Dex-chan lover
where is chapter 20?
Sadly not here (yet) for several boring complicated reasons involving the main TL group. But as a stopgap, it can easily be found on other websites. Rev up your favorite search engine. :cool:
It's not like I want to advertise for competition or anything, b-b-baka. Anyway, I found an english TL of that damn missing chapter on a certain site which name starts with manga and ends with buddy 😇

[Edit]: Problem solved.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Does anyone know of a site with the web novel in English? I found one but it is missing the second part of the duel with Allen talking to the prince. For some reason Nocturne translation shows up in search results but I can't access the site.

Edit: well found one that seems to be a rip of Nocturnes translation but it's missing the POV Chapters. So if anyone knows of a site with all of it please let me know.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
25 chaps read as of post. MC became your average isekai dungeon adventurer with the twist of him being able to make guns (because he's an engineer, all engineers know how to make guns). Then the story becomes your average academy reverse-harem plot and MC solves the problem by being OP and competent. Of course, the capture targets are fucking useless and incompetent, so it just gives more spotlight to the MC.

Recent chapters point out that he never knew his father, so I'm willing to bet that his father is either: the king of the current kingdom he's in (meaning he's a prince and a bastard) OR someone capable of becoming king for royal reasons. Seriously, out of all the times to mention what happened to his father, it is only mentioned AFTER he beat up the capture targets and changed the "original" plot. Recent chapters constantly tell us that a commoner and noble can't be together, so like most bullshit storytelling that happened within this story, MC is magically going to have a father that's probably a fallen noble or some shit.

The only possible good thing about this manga is that it's nearing its end, so it'll just be a quick read for most (hopefully it's going to end soon). Man, I read the first few chaps thinking it was your generic reverse-otome genre story, but I didn't think it would be this trashy. 6/10

The mc was the typical prepper, and probably worked in russia's military companies and stole some plane's blueprints for its hobby, he would have died at the age of 70 years old... not your average gamer

Dex-chan lover
This is a rare one where the MC don't just show up 10 years later all OP, but it shows all his progress. Really enjoyed this one.
MC also don't do stupid shit over nothing, everything is calculated to achieve his goal.

@saebascans is doing a great job with the translation!

Dex-chan lover
I was about to re-read the WN when I noticed that I cannot access the site where it was (nocturnelts), maybe it was closed, is there any other place where I can read it?

I'm actually a huge fan of this story. Everything is fairly well explained, there's no harem, no one ends up absurdly OP, it settles into a nice romance between the villager and villainess that resolves nicely, and the story ends smoothly. Plus the WN version is one of my absolute favorites. It's one of a very short list that I never tire of reading. The WN is complete as well and isn't too long so the manga won't be dragging out forever.

Dex-chan lover
These types of manga is like a bell curve to me. Once the "main goal" of mc is reached my mood dropped. Welp, I ended this manga at chap 25, I hope they add mecha next time.

Pretty much agree with other reviews
(we're on ch29 now)

It starts off good, very similar to MobuSeka
I like how it spends 15 chapters on prep work and world building

I like Appraisal skill
I initially thought that he might use it for some good weapons or armors, but nope, it's just for money making (seems like a wasted opportunity here).

I don't like when they introduce Aeroplane and Guns. It may be okay if it's just a small simple pistol, but come on, he makes AK-47 (and more). The dungeon grinding is not fun anymore (just concealment and shoot). He can make a tank or missile or Gundam at this point.

They give him too many OP skills
Alchemy can make anything (shouldn't it be limited to in-game items?). I think it's more interesting if he starts crafting tools, potions or smithing his sword, armors instead. The Multi-chanting and Chantless skills are not necessary (too much is not cool).

He should use his sword and magic
What's the point of learning it with the guild head? (just for the exam?). He should practice his sword and magic more (there should be skill tree, right?) for new spell, new move, or combos.

They should show Heroine more
Show her good sides, her nice story, explaining why should we like her. Rather than just "she is a decent person" or "she did nothing wrong", so we should save her and the country.

The duel part should be the climax
But MC ended it in 5 secs using guns and smoke screen (yeah, boring). He can beat prince dudes using game knowledge (weakness, counter, pattern, etc.). His level should be much higher too (because he cleared the dungeon hundreds times).

After accomplished the goal,
it's not very interesting anymore. He beaten all prince and saved villainess (heroine). Political war part is not that fun, they just conveniently switched to the new thing.

Last edited:
7/10 good start but the MC just breeze through everything after getting a gun but I like that this is not a harem and the MC is not a wimp he just wanna save his waifu

Users who are viewing this thread