Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The Bell and the Hammer (2)

Dex-chan lover
I was obsessed with that poem when I was a kid.

“Make your choice, adventurous Stranger,
Strike the bell and bide the danger,
Or wonder, till it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had.”

Aggregator gang
There she iiiiiis!! In my mind she was blond tho. Maybe I was influenced by the movies. xD

Dex-chan lover
There she iiiiiis!! In my mind she was blond tho. Maybe I was influenced by the movies. xD
Her being a blonde in the movies shocked me, because I'd grown up with the book illustrations. In my mind she was always super-tall with black hair and extremely pale skin.

Aggregator gang
Her being a blonde in the movies shocked me, because I'd grown up with the book illustrations. In my mind she was always super-tall with black hair and extremely pale skin.
Yeah, my book also has the illustrations but I never took them really seriously because... they take on a bit of a "creative liberty" sometimes? Like Lucy is described (more than once) as having golden locks but her illustrations despict her with black hair. xD
That also happens with Peter, now that I searched for it.
And since Jadi's appearance is never described more than "super tall, pale as heck, extremely beautiful" I still pictured her as a blonde in my mind while reading.

Last edited:
Contributor
Yeah, my book also has the illustrations but I never took them really seriously because... they take on a bit of a "creative liberty" sometimes? Like Lucy is described (more than once) as having golden locks but her illustrations despict her with black hair. xD
My image of Lucy is shaped by the BBC TV series where the actress had dark hair. I think my personal copy of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe had the cast on the cover, come to think of it.

Users who are viewing this thread