Cigarette and Cherry

Dex-chan lover
@nfzeta While that is mostly true, I have seen a number of seinen romances (not so much shounen) with female protagonists, though I can't remember names off the top of my head (and I don't know if any of those had 'reverse harems'). However, that doesn't matter. Sure, the magazine will decide what to include in their releases based on the general desires and interest of their target audience, and that influences the content. But the demographic genre is ONLY determined by the magazine the work is originally released in, period. You can say "this feels more like a shounen than seinen" all you want, it doesn't matter because the story is released in a seinen magazine. These are facts, there is no arguing them.

Aggregator gang
@Nermie01 "You can say "this feels more like a shounen than seinen" all you want, it doesn't matter because the story is released in a seinen magazine. These are facts, there is no arguing them."
There is though, and that's what we're doing right now.

Just because its targeted at seinen readers doesn't mean the protag has to be male or even a seinen(middle aged man). Heck, a lot of seinen manga are themed at appealing to fathers who are part of that demographic so sometimes there are those 'cute' stories with children, adult women (regularly in action genre manga) and school girls (though some of it is also just pedo).

You're basically admitting I'm right with this: "Sure, the magazine will decide what to include in their releases based on the general desires and interest of their target audience, and that influences the content." Then denying it to seemingly save face.

Demographic is target audience and the target audience has preferences. Demographic is just a convenient label for readers to know: "Here are some manga with content we think your demographic would like". Hence content is always relevant to the demographic label, hence nothing was wrong with my initial comment.
To make it easier to attain and enjoy manga of similar content, they are published in the same magazine, catering to the same demographic. However, you along with many others seem to think the process somehow goes backwards.
There are many works published through means other than magazines that carry the same demographic labels because being in a magazine isn't the be all and end all of the criteria for said labels.

Dex-chan lover
@nfzeta Except it is the be all and end all. Irregardless of the content focusing on a certain type of interests, which publishers of course try to group what will appeal to their target audiences in order to sell the magazines, but that has no bearing on the demographic genre. That is only determined by the magazine the work is released in. I don't really get why you're trying to argue this, because that is quite literally HOW that particular identifier is determined. You can complain all you like about how the content of something should determine the demographic genre, but that's just not how it works. Sorry?

Aggregator gang
@Nermie01 Do you even realise what you're saying? You're basically throwing a tantrum at this point, for no reason.

Dex-chan lover
@nfzeta No? I'm trying to correct your unfortunate ignorance. I'm not trying to be mean about it if that's what you feel is going on. You just seem to be especially biased and overly opinionated about something that is literally just raw facts, and not something that opinion about the content of a work can change.

Was that ok? I'm not trying to offend.

Group Leader
There are pretty girls that are smokers in my country. It's just that their breath reeked of tar even after they munched a menthol candy.

dude's hair just SCREAMS
"i'm the scumbag ex boyfriend lol let's fuck like old times so i can break your heart again"

Supporter
Smoking is incredibly common in Japan and you can smoke in a lot spaces(restaurants, bars, etc). I'm honestly surprised smoking isn't in more series.

Group Leader
@kinosseur That's bullshit, I personally know some cute smokers.

This said, what's with this wave of retarded anti-smoker comments, people ?
Did somebody put a fag out on your arms ?

I stopped this when she went to meet her ex at the bar (ch 19) and hoped that when I come back this would have blown over. But here I am again (ch 27) and this shit just started. sigh. I hate this dick. Hope it doesn't take to long. Also don't hope this is all the manga is about and the moment the ex loses and Cherry Boy confesses the manga ends.

Edit: It may sound like I don't like the manga but it is actually the opposite. Really love it. Good art, nice characters and story is down to earth. Just can't see these 'fighting for a girl' stories anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread